Red Bee Media Overview
Red Bee Media is the world’s leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences.
For content providers who want high quality media experiences for their audiences, Red Bee Media is trusted to manage and transform complex, mission-critical services with superior expertise, leading technology platforms and passion.
We consistently deliver the highest quality Managed Services utilizing the most agile and efficient solutions to reduce time-to-market and minimize business continuity risks. We can deliver our customers’ content to their audience on every device, ensuring it is discoverable and optimized. We ensure to be the best long-term partner to meet our customers’ complex and rapidly changing needs through our unique media heritage, technology experience and innovation focus. Our portfolio of services spans the entire media value chain including: Playout, Media Management, OTT, NuVu, Access, Content Discovery, Piero Sports, Graphics and Creative.
Working within the Infrastructure DevOps team, the DBA will providing stable and secure database platform for business, operational requirements and ongoing development. The DBA will take ownership of all databases across the business compromising of a number of technologies including MySQL, Postgres, Oracle and MongoDB.
Building and developing Open Source Database servers to support development activities
- Migrating data between environments
- Maintenance and patching
- Working closely with the business and development teams to provide a stable and highly resilient/scalable databases support all business applications
- Database Design
- Maintenance and patching
- Backups and day to day monitoring and resolution of databases issues
- Demonstrated experience with MySQL Server Administration and maintenance
- Broad understanding and exposure to various RDBMS technologies
- Knowledge and experience of Linux operation system
- Experience of automation using Chef and/or Cloudformation
- Evidence of MySQL Server security configuration
- Proven experience in creating and managing technical documentation
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbal
- Excellent technical skills but also able to see a wider business perspective.
- Ability to consider differing technical options and select the appropriate solution.
- A team player who is recognised by their peers as an expert and the “go to” person.
- A track record of implementing stable and reliable 24x7 production systems.
- Ability to keep track of multiple tasks with deftness and attention to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and a unfaltering desire to deliver exceptional service
- Designing databases within a software development environment
- Microsoft SQL knowledge/experience
- Big data and machine learning
- Liaising with offshore and/or outsourced development teams
- Experience influencing product roadmaps
- An enthusiasm for new technologies and their application for both business and consumers.
- A natural curiosity and a passion for learning new skills. A continuous improvement mindset.
- The tenacity to keep going when things get difficult, an optimistic and upbeat personal manner.
- The interpersonal skills required to build credible, long term relationships with clients, colleagues and partners.
- The ability to provide solutions and guidelines that are strategic but also relevant, cost-effective and deliverable.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken. The ability to vocalise the issues and initiatives of the day in a positive manner.
- A suitably analytical approach, the ability to critically evaluate ideas and information, select relevant data, and identify key trends, issues, problems and solutions.
- An ability to deliver on time and on budget
- A demonstrable concern for results and achieving goals, with high standards of performance and a desire to improve on previous performance levels
- Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- High quality communication skills across all media and across a range of situations.
- Highly resilient, flexible and accommodating under pressure.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience required
- Computer Science, Broadcast Media or Maths background highly desired
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || IT
Job details: ICT DevOps Engineer Job Stage 06