2nd Level Billing & Payment Support Engineer
Billing & Payment Support Engineer
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
As part of our Managed Services team you will be acting as a Single Point of Contact ("SPOC") to SD (Service Desk) or L1 (1st level monitoring team) to handle trouble tickets for problems reported by Telecom Operator’s customers on DBSS 0.6 solution components.
In this role you will:
- Know and follow ITIL Service Operation processes: Event Management, Access Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management, Incident Management.
- Perform second level of analysis and troubleshooting, escalate unresolved problems to Level 3 (R&D), track progress of trouble tickets (TT) resolution and ensure restoration and resolution within SLA.
- Be available for 24x7 shift work
- Strong knowledge in BSS; pre-paid, billing system, provisioning
- Perfect troubleshooting and analytical skills, ability to “get things done”
- Deliver as per ITIL principles
- Resolve all issues as per obligated SLA (Service level Agreement) concept
- Strong verbal and written English
- Calm, responsible, initiative, self-organized, eager to learn
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- University degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science
- 5-7 years’ experience as Level 2 Support for BSS Managed Services
- Experience with BSS, Billing, payment web services (SOAP, REST), DBA
- API skills & troubleshooting and front end
- Strong scripting skills
- Strong Linux/Unix, Database experience
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Bangladesh (BD) || || Dhaka || ServEng
Job details: 2nd Level Operations