FPGA Developer - Indoor Products
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Are you a highly detailed person who’s not afraid of RTL design for new multi-standard indoor radio products for 5G, LTE, W-CDMA, and GSM networks? Do you enjoy participating in defining FPGA functional specifications, implementing RTL code, and performing FPGA design verification? Ericsson, PDU Indoor Products in the Hardware design team is this place, and we have an exciting opportunity for you in a fast-paced, highly collaborative technical environment. The Ottawa indoor team works very closely with other Radio Teams located in Sweden and China.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
- You’ll participate in gathering FPGA requirements based on customer and Ericsson needs
- You’ll write RTL code, simulation, and verification, following Ericsson RTL development processes
- You get to collaborate with other radio development teams for optimum FPGA design implementation
- You’ll support the deployment of new Indoor Radio products and features into customer networks
- Experience in the RTL development using HDL development tools
- Good knowledge of HDL languages (Verilog, VHDL and System Verilog)
- Knowledge of main FPGA vendors design flows (Altera, Xilinx), FPGA verification tools and methodologies and understanding of UVM/OVM methodology (similar or equivalent)
- A background in communications theory and DSP filter implementation
- Knowledge of scripting languages and tools (TCL, Perl, Python, Make)
- Basic FPGA troubleshooting skills and experience in the use of lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers)
- Bachelor’s degree along with five or more years of experience
- High motivation, result oriented, and a team player
You might also have:
- Working knowledge of 3GPP specifications
- Mathematical analysis experience using MATLAB or similar
- Digital ASIC or FPGA development experience
- We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging everyday. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt
Req ID: 287935