SW Developer for Connected Vehicle Cloud
Are you excited to join the evolution of the Automotive industry?
Do you want to be part of shaping the future of Connected Vehicles?
Come join us as a SW Developer for Connected Vehicle Cloud!
Connectivity is changing the way we view and interact with our cars. The entire automotive industry is currently being transformed by connectivity, autonomous driving, electrification, and re-defined business models. Ericsson is taking a leading part in shaping the future of vehicles with our IoT and Connected Vehicle solutions.
Ericsson’s Connected Vehicle solutions caters to the global automotive industry’s need for scalability, security and flexibility when connecting products and services. In a rapidly changing landscape, Ericsson helps vehicle manufacturers handle fast-evolving factors with full support for development and solution management. Our connected vehicle solutions enable value-adding services while providing robust and secure global connectivity for Automotive OEMs.
Our Connected Vehicle Cloud Platform is based on the latest cloud technologies and enables our customers to realize the full potential of connected vehicles. We are currently working with some of the world’s leading car brands and is rapidly expanding our business and offering in this area.
Connected Vehicles Development & Delivery organization
We now need more skilled Software Developers for our Connected Vehicles Development & Delivery organization. This organization is responsible for developing our Connected Vehicle Cloud platform and delivering it to customers all over the world. It is part of the IoT organization within the Business Area Technologies & New Businesses.
As a Software Developer in this team you will be developing and evolving Connected Vehicle Cloud platform components. You will also be working on developing applications and services in areas such as Vehicle-to-Anything (V2X) communication, Telematics, Autonomous Drive, Fleet management and more. You will be working in close collaboration with our customers and partners in this area as well as other parts of Ericsson to develop cutting edge services to enable our customers to reap the benefits that Connected Vehicles enable.
Join us in supporting the incredible evolution of the Automotive industry and be part of shaping the future of connected vehicles!
In this position you will:
- Develop cutting edge services, running on our distributed cloud platform. You’ll participate in all aspects of the development process and product lifecycle from product definition through release and support: ensuring quality and learning throughout
- Be part of an autonomous cross-functional agile team: the solutions you develop deliver services to millions of users every day
- Shape the evolution of our solution by evaluating the best technologies to use, now and in the future.
- Grow in competence in two exciting, fast growing domains: cloud and automotive
- Become a key contributor to Ericsson's technical leadership in the areas of IoT, cloud, and connected vehicles
- Continuously improve our tools for continuous testing, integration and deployment and in support to operability
We value candidates with diverse background, hence the long list below. Nobody can master all: a good candidate will be very strong in some of the items below, while being able to offer something on others.
Experiences and hard skills we value:
- Great SW craftsmanship; preferred languages are Go, C, C++, Java; strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Working experience with container technologies such as Docker and in developing Cloud Native applications
- Strong Linux systems expertise.
- Experience with dominant cloud management platforms like Azure, AWS, Openstack.
- Experience with container orchestration such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm and/or Hashicorp technologies.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like KVM
- Strong record of contributions to open source software is a plus
Soft skills & attitudes we value:
- Finds our tech domain extremely exciting; tech enthusiast, eager and fast learner
- Strong team spirit, strong desire to grow and have fun with your colleagues
- Quality focus: built-in quality; tests as part of the deliverables, follow your commit
- Experience and understanding of Agile methodologies
- Available for travels (no more than 10% of the time)
- Handling pressure (we work in a high pace environment)
Interested? Come and talk with us! We look forward to meeting you.
The recruitment process and selection is ongoing. Please send us your application in English before Aug 30th. Kindly note we cannot accept applications via email.
Primary location for this role: Göteborg, Lindholmen
Contact person: recruiter Therese Blom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 287876