DevOps Engineer for Connected Vehicle Cloud
Are you excited to join the evolution of the Automotive industry?
Do you want to be part of shaping the future of Connected Vehicles?
Come join us as a DevOps Engineer for Connected Vehicle Cloud!
Connectivity is changing the way we view and interact with our cars. The entire automotive industry is currently being transformed by connectivity, autonomous driving, electrification, and re-defined business models. Ericsson is taking a leading part in shaping the future of vehicles with our IoT and Connected Vehicle solutions.
Ericsson’s Connected Vehicle solutions caters to the global automotive industry’s need for scalability, security and flexibility when connecting products and services. In a rapidly changing landscape, Ericsson helps vehicle manufacturers handle fast-evolving factors with full support for development and solution management. Our connected vehicle solutions enable value-adding services while providing robust and secure global connectivity for Automotive OEMs.
Our Connected Vehicle Cloud Platform is based on the latest cloud technologies and enables our customers to realize the full potential of connected vehicles. We are currently working with some of the world’s leading car brands and is rapidly expanding our business and offering in this area.
Connected Vehicles Development & Delivery
We are now in need of even more DevOps Engineers for our Connected Vehicles Development & Delivery organization. This organization is responsible for developing our Connected Vehicle Cloud platform and delivering it to customers all over the world. It is part of the IoT organization within the Business Area Technologies & New Businesses.
As a DevOps Engineer in this organization you will be part of a team developing, integrating and deploying our solutions towards the Automotive Industry. You will be working with developing our platform for automating deployment, monitoring, recovery, and capacity planning of the services we deliver. You will be part of the team responsible for ensuring that our as-a-service delivery has world class reliability while being able to quickly evolve according to our customers’ needs.
Join us in supporting the incredible evolution of the Automotive industry and be part of shaping the future of connected vehicles!
In this role you will:
- Develop cutting edge cloud platform services
- Be part of an autonomous cross-functional agile team developing, deploying and operating solutions which deliver services to millions of users every day
- Work in close contact with our customers and contribute to our ways of working DevOps and as-a-service delivery
- Grow in competence in two exciting, fast growing domains: cloud and automotive
- Become a key contributor to Ericsson's technical leadership in the areas of IoT, cloud and connected vehicles by developing and exploring new technologies
- Continuously improve our tools for continuous testing, integration, and deployment and in support to operations
As we work with solutions delivered as a Service, we need to have a variety of profiles in our teams to be able to work efficiently on the full flow.
This means that we value candidates with diverse backgrounds, hence the long list below. Nobody can master all: a good candidate will be very strong in some of the items below, while being able to offer something on others.
Experiences we value are:
- System Integration experience in Cloud solutions (or at least in virtualized solutions)
- Experience in the implementation of Continuous Integration or Continuous Deployment pipelines
- Good SW craftsmanship; preferred languages ae Go, C, C++
- Testing experience or Seniority in testing tools and methodologies (Infra/platform test, test automation, probes, chaos testing..)
- Extensive Linux experience
- Working experience in DevOps setup
- Operations, either as operation engineer or in automating operation activities, such as monitoring or incident handling
Hard skills we value:
- AWS/Azure, certifications are a relevant plus
- Deployment Pipeline (preferred: Spinnaker, GoCD)
- Competence on container technologies. (preferred: Docker); Kubernetes; understanding of microservice architectures, Service Mesh
- Automation (Terraform, Ansible…); Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Monitoring and logging (ELK, Prometheus…)
- Distributed revision control (Git)
Soft skills & attitudes we value:
- Finds our tech domain extremely exciting; tech enthusiast, eager and fast learner
- DevOps mindset, taking responsibility for your increment down to deployment and operations
- Quality focus: built-in quality; tests as part of the deliverables
- Experience and understanding of Agile methodologies
- Eager to work in multicultural teams and organizations; desire to grow and have fun with colleagues
- Handling pressure (we have close and frequent customer contact)
- Available for travels (no more than 10% of the time)
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note we cannot accept applications via email.
Last day to apply: Aug 30
Primary location for this role: Göteborg, Lindholmen
Contact person: recruiter Therese Blom at email@example.com
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 287874