We are looking for a Technical Solution Sales Expert to support the Ericsson Digital Services organization grow the Cloud Infrastructure business. The role entails driving end-to-end technical solutions from pre-sales, design to project delivery.
- You will position Ericsson as technology leader, communicate and discuss Ericsson’s technology strategy and vision with customer at CTO/CIO and General/Senior Management levels
- Provide sales support expertise, conduct in-depth technical discussions and workshops with customer
- Provide sales support for specific deals, propose solutions covering business and technical requirements
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and help develop competence in technical domain
- Ensure the customer vision & strategy including implications on Ericsson’s technology and solutions is communicated to the Business Units and R&D organizations
- Take on the role as a lead Solution Architect in Cloud and Software Defined Infrastructure projects
- Identify customer business needs through consultative engagements
- Translate business opportunities into sales, utilizing the Ericsson portfolio and capabilities
- Maintain the strategy and solutions built centrally and communicate and cascade them down to all team members in different accounts
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Equivalent
- Min. 15 years of work experience with a Min. 5 years technical solution sales experience
- Substantial solution sales and delivery experience working for leading virtualization/Cloud vendors
- Domain experience: Cloud, NFV/SDN, Software Defined Infrastructure, Virtualization software, Containerization
- Demonstrable deep technical knowledge of Open Source solutions
- Experience with customers in the IT and Telecom/ISP domains (preferably in Europe, Middle East and Africa)
- Business Acumen
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
- What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
- For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
- For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: South Africa (ZA) || || Johannesburg || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ
Req ID: 287788