Ericsson Head of Tax, Asia
Ericsson Head of Tax, Asia
Ericsson operate in more than 30 markets in APAC region. The Company Control Hub East Asia & Oceania is the prime guarantor of financial information, compliance, governance and risk management for all companies and branch offices within East Asia & Oceania. The Company Control Hub also supports and adds value to the business (business owners, business controllers and Ericsson management) by providing expert accounting, treasury and tax advice, and by securing compliant solutions for complex business transactions from a legal entity perspective. The hub main locations are Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Nanjing, Tokyo, and Seoul.
This role will report to the Head of Company Control East Asia & Oceania and is a member of Company Control Leadership Team. The role will be based in Kuala Lumpur.
As the Head of Tax, you will lead a team of experienced Tax managers and Specialists supporting the different countries within the hub scope to ensure tax legislation, mitigate tax risks, provide expert tax advice and ensure high quality in tax accounting and reporting. You will be responsible to secure the quality of the services to stakeholders both internally and externally, implement changes and drive improvements within the team. This requires leadership in motivating and developing employees.
As a leader in the organization, you are open and self-motivated and enjoy co-operating with others. You like challenges in your daily work and you put focus on achieving a result on time and with the right quality as well as maintaining good stakeholder relations with your peers.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
- Drive and Steer execution of Units Strategic Agenda and performance
- Business engagement and collaborations with cross functions and units where relevant to achieve results that increase shareholder values (Tax Advice)
- Deliver financial management expertise and Financial Leadership that contribute to both short term and longterm goals
- Manage Direct & Indirect tax, Transfer prices, reporting, Tax Audits & Compliance
- Lead and Execute Change
- Leadership role for Company Control organization
- Manage Operational model Compliance
- Manage M&A Financial Due Diligence (FDD) & Finance Integration
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Extensive experience in international tax legislation
- Knowledge in GAAP (i.e. local GAAP, IFRS and group directives)
- Knowledge and understanding of financial systems and accounting & reporting skills
- Developed Leadership Skills, Communications and Influencing Skills
- Developed Decision Making and Steering Skills with strong Business and Financial Acumen
- Strong in Driving performance
- Good Level of Commercial Acumen & skills
- Adaptable to Fast Changing environment and Leading Change
Key Qualifications :
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or Tax Law or equivalent
Minimum years of relevant experience : Minimum of 10 years’ experience from relevant position within Ericsson or relevant position at an external company giving the ability to act and perform the duties of the role Head of Tax
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Malaysia (MY) || || Subang Jaya || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 287740