Transmission Controller (Part-Time)
Red Bee Media Overview
In the rapidly changing media landscape consumers are exerting greater control over the content they watch and how they choose to engage. Red Bee Media is finding innovative ways to enable companies to unlock new revenue streams and build audience share on multiple platforms including traditional TV channels and on-demand services.
RBM’s client list includes international broadcasters and advertisers across TV, web, and mobile such as ITV, BBC, Channel 4, Virgin Media, UKTV, Nike, Canal+.
In this role you will need to be a dynamic and adaptable individual, you will have the opportunity to work within a Live Broadcasting environment, ideally you will have considerable experience within a similar position.
You will be part of collaborative team and so you will need to be a team player with the ability and confidence to liaise at all levels and possess excellent communication skills.
If you have previous experience with Morphias or any other multiple automation systems, this would be highly advantageous.
This role is part-time (17.5hrs) and will be based in Leeds. The site is in operation 24/7, and the successful individual will need to be able to work as part of a rota, which will include unsociable hours.
Purpose of Job Role
- You will monitor and maintain the technical and presentation quality of the channel output, as per client schedule.
- You must demonstrate the ability to carry out your duties in a professional manner and take ownership of channels when on duty.
- You will have editorial control and provide careful editing of all appropriate transmission channels.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all media schedules are accurately checked and ready for Playout and they conform with OfCOM guidelines.
- You will be responsible for the day to day running of your transmission channels.
- To ensure that the correct SOM’s, EOM’s, durations, clock numbers, subtitles, graphic elements and programming materials required for transmission are available in advance of the required transmission time.
- Implementation of contingency playlists and disaster recovery plans where necessary.
- To be confident in the use of emergency procedures.
- Liaison with other transmission staff including announcers, MCR, Media Services and technology staff.
- Ability to work and manage live programming including liaison with PA’s, OB’s.
- Liaison with external agencies including Scheduling, Sales, Creative.
- You will work together with the wider operational team to improve current processes and support organisational objectives
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Leeds || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Playout Operations Job Stage 05