Master developer and system architect in Communication services
Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are now looking for a Master developer and system architect at MTAS to join our development organization in Budapest.
At Development Center MTAS within Product Development Unit (PDU) Converged Core we develop and support the Multimedia Telephony Application Server (MTAS) which is a key component of current and future communication services solutions across the globe.
Our portfolio has strong market traction and we are getting into new markets, expanding existing deployments, enhancing the feature set and transforming our portfolio from virtualized products to cloud native products.
MTAS comprises several application servers providing a rich feature set enabling communication services for multiple types of customers and deployments. Our customer base is global and stretches from tier 1 mobile operators to fixed (PSTN) replacements and cable operators to also include the enterprise market. Our reality is to provide a system that is in the front of the communication services evolution at the same time as it can be integrated and interoperable with legacy technologies and the different regulatory requirements of the global market.
In this role you will need to have a strong communication services technology knowledge and an E2E solution understanding combined with experience from development and support of large systems with intense characteristics requirements.
We believe that the right candidate for this position will enjoy working in an organization with agile E2E development teams and close collaboration with product management and other technical leaders. In this role you will be involved from early definition of the scope as requirements to system design, development and deployment.
The MTAS development organization is distributed across Sweden, Hungary and India. This position is located in Budapest/Hungary.
What you will do:
- Scope definition and requirement shaping in collaboration with product management and technical leaders across the IMS portfolio.
- Feature break down into user stories and epics.
- Solution and system design in the areas of IMS/VoLTE/MTAS features as well as product automation and management areas and cloud deployment.
- Networking and collaboration with Market Areas, Customers and Strategic Product Management to understand customer expectations.
- Developing in line with MTAS practices of lean, agile, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Contributing to MTAS architecture evolution and governance as part of the MTAS architecture community.
- Contributing to the continuous evolution of MTAS best practices in ways of working.
- Knowledge sharing and learning.
- Continuous development of own technical competence.
Apply if you have:
- Education: Master of Science or corresponding university studies
- Min years of experience: 10 years as Developer of which 5 years as senior Developer, System architect, Technical leader or equal
- Domain experience:
Strong knowledge of communication services technologies VoLTE and IMS, preferably also Circuit Switched telephony technology
Knowledge of network function management, automation and life cycle management
System design for high availability, robustness, scalability and capacity
- Excellent skills in requirement analysis and system design.
- Excellent English skills
- Business and customer focused
- Agile, lean and DevOps development
- Excellent communication skills on business and technical overview level as well as technical detailed level
- Strong leadership skills in line with Ericsson values
- Excellent collaboration and networking skills
- Coaching & Mentoring Skills
- Planning and organizing
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Innovating, adapting & responding to change
- Product development processes knowledge
- Product life cycle management knowledge
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
For us at Ericsson it is important that we can bring the networked society to everyone, from metropolitans like New York to the country sides of India. For us, it is important to create possibilities for school children in isolated areas of Bhutan to use remote learning and to be able to enable remote health care for patients in rural Africa. Moving into 5G, we take connectivity, communication and the networked society to the next level. We feel a pride in making the world a better place, simplifying and enhancing the lives for billions.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 287322