Sourcing Functional Development Manager Job stage 6
We are now looking for a Sourcing Functional Development Manager. You will be challenged to generate value for Ericsson by driving business, operational, organizational, technology and competence subject matters. You will actively recognize emerging trends, problems and business needs. You will be able to provide creative solutions to be applied wherever necessary by designing, developing and securing deployment of strategies, policies, processes and tools in your own area of expertise. And you will be effective by, securing performance, ensuring consistency and globalization whilst providing expert advice within the Functional Area.
Ericsson has a Business support organization for one of our customized applications used in Sourcing/Supply area – Sourcing Work Bench (SWB). This platform is very business critical and supports Ericsson’s Strategic business processes for Direct Material. Ericsson needs to strengthen our in house competence for this platform. The Business support organization will act as the main interface toward the business users, to support in how to questions and be the main interface between Business and IT Supplier & Ericsson IT, with regard to AO and AD.
This organization act as a Product support organization to support Business key stakeholders in analysis/pre studies and to break down Business requirement down to a Functional design specification. In the IT development process, this organization will be the main interface toward Ericsson IT key stakeholders (TPM) and IT Suppliers and also support Business users in UAT.
The purpose of this role as Business Support is to be the key interface toward the SWB users in Sourcing & Supply area, and to work in close corporation with Business & ITTE stakeholders. The Business support organization is co located with the IT SWB key stakeholders (TPM, DM) in Bangalore. The Business Support organization operates on a global level within Ericsson for the assigned products (SWB) and will report to the Business organization. This concept might be expanded also to other applications in the same area.
The Business Support organization are overall responsible to ensure that the SWB Business users gets an excellent "how to" support and application training and that the Functional solutions are designed in the best possible way for Ericsson with focus on:
- Meeting Ericsson’s business needs according to expectations (speed) and securing high product and solution quality in combination with total cost efficiency
- Ensuring that the Business users gets an excellent "how to" support
- Prepare User training material and run training courses
- Implementation support to Business if bigger system changes have been done
- Sign off Use cases (primary) and review solution design documents from IT Supplier together with IT TPM
- Run Pre UAT testing, coordinate and lead UAT test sessions
- Perform Business pre study analysis and to detail out functional solutions together with Business SWB Functional lead and Key Business users
- The Business Support team has the authority to enforce decisions delegated from the SWB Business Program manager or Business SWB Functional Lead.
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering or Masters degree or the equivalent level of knowledge.
- Min years of experience : 7 years
- Domain experience: Strategic Sourcing
Role Specific Competences
- Experience of IT development in the Microsoft .net platform
- Experience of IT development and business implementation for Microsoft .net platforms
- Basic SQL knowledge, Oracle DB and Microsoft SQL server
- Knowledge of Agile development
- Experiences from working in a line position in a Global company in the Strategic Sourcing/Supply area is an advantage.
Knowledge and understanding of Ericsson business processes, especially in the Strategic Sourcing and Supply area
Knowledge of IT landscape within the domain
- Leadership with focus on Business orientation
- Leadership with focus on end-user and stakeholder relationships
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate with business in business terms and with architects, designers and developers in technical terms
- Structured and analytical with strong networking skills
- Innovative and ability to work in collaborative manner
- Ability to drive results in multi-cultural & large corporate environment
- Strong Customer focus
- Product life cycle management knowledge
- IT trends and market knowledge
- Experience of working with global IT service providers (advantage)
- Ericsson knowledge in Sourcing & Supply area
- Understand process value adding information flow and how it is supported by IT tools