2nd Level Operations - RAN Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support that the one offered by the 1st Level Operations for Transmission area. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
• Provide fault management on specific RAN nodes: GSM, UMTS and LTE.
• Perform preventive & corrective maintenance, problem management, acceptance, fault management
• Logging the performed activities in specifically ticketing tools
• Remote integration and configuration of radio base stations: GSM, UMTS, LTE
• Create/correct data transcript files to configure or update the existing network elements or to add new network elements
• Performance monitoring and QoS analysis of node performance
• Working on-call schedule and night time
• 2nd Level Assurance Support Activities
• 2nd Level Incident Management
• Problem Management
• General knowledge about RAN system architecture and network elements (GSM/WCDMA/LTE)
• Excellent understanding of WCDMA/HSPA and LTE Radio Network features
• General knowledge of Core or transmission protocols & technologies is a plus
• General knowledge of UNIX or LINUX operating systems is a plus
• General knowledge of TCP / IP protocols is a plus
• Proven experience in remote operations ((configuration, troubleshooting) of Ericsson/Huawei BSC and RNC.
• Proven experience in remote operations (configuration, integration, acceptance support) of Ericsson/Huawei RBS.
• Proven experience on Ericsson / Huawei GSM/UMTS/LTE
• University degree in Telecommunications, Engineering or possess equivalent experience in a related field
• Fluent in English, written and spoken.
• Strong problem solving skills and analytical thinking
• Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge sharing ability
• Service fulfilment
• Open minded
What we offer
• We will value your competences
• You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
• You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
• You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
• You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
• Work from home and flexible work schedule
• Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
• You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Tag: melahj, hj
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || ServEng
Req ID: 287042