Senior Press Officer - Europe & Latin America
Senior Press Officer, Europe and Latin America
We are looking for someone who is passionate in driving media relations in coordination with key stakeholder in Ericsson Europe and Latin America. As a Senior Press officer for Europe and Latin America, you will have the overall responsibility on a regional level covering UK, Europe and Latin America wide activations. In this role, you will be diving Ericsson brand visibility and deliver wins for key topics such as 5G, IoT, Innovation, AI, Digitalization and other exciting new areas.
You will be activating global/local campaigns to relevant media in the UK, Europe and Latin America and building and managing UK national, business, technology and trade media relations and outreach. It will be your role to lead broad media engagement across Europe and Latin America with local teams in the market. You will be responsible for regional crisis management as well as planning and driving strategic media activation.
You will also track and analyse our performance continuously. As part of this role you will channel the follow-up of engagement activities and to partner with relevant teams to activate global and regional programs and initiatives. Your responsibility will also include management of the regional PR agency. You will need to identify and manage speaking opportunities and coach spokespeople acting as speaker’s bureau as well as provide support for external communications.
Requirements for this role
Have you driven media activities and contributed to significantly increasing brand awareness and Share of Voice? Are you a passionate and creative individual with a university degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent training/experience with significant related experience? We are looking for someone with experience working in a global or regional leadership team who ideally has team leadership potential; experience working in a dynamic and fast-moving environment and understanding of digital communications.
The key attributes we are looking for are:
- Excellent knowledge, skills and relevant experiences in External Communications
- Proven track record of delivering impactful media outreach activities/campaigns
- Experience developing creative and effective messages to/ for media
- Deep understanding and network within UK general, business, technology and trade media
- Deep understanding and knowledge of written, verbal, and visual communications News and Media aptitude
- Extensive experience in managing crisis
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects; on strategy, on time and within budget
- Strong attention to detail, and the ability to learn and cope with rapid change
- Function well under pressure, resourceful and creative in solving problems
- Significant experience working with media and journalists in the UK
- Strong knowledge and experience working for or with a global organisation in ICT or corporate PR capacity
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills combined with precise project management
- Highly collaborative with extraordinary social and relationship-building skills
Building on our founder’s core belief of making communication available for all, we have been the driving force behind some of the most powerful technologies known to mankind. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world. Now our mission is no longer only about communications for all; it is internet for all. The advent of 5G and IoT, real-time connectivity – from connected cars to personal wearables to smart grid technology – will fundamentally change our world. 5G will give birth to new businesses and fuel new innovations we can’t imagine today. 5G will change not only the way we communicate but also enable new solutions to create a more sustainable world.
Our comprehensive portfolio ranges across Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services and Emerging Business; powered by 5G and IoT platforms.
Research & Development (R&D) is at the heart of our business, and we have approximately 26,000 employees dedicated to R&D activities. With more than 49,000 granted patents, we have one of the strongest intellectual property rights portfolios in the industry.