IOT OSS&BSS Integration Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are now looking for an Application Development and 3rd Level Support role. Your main responsibility is to ensure, from a product (or group of products) perspective and end to end perspective. The best cost effective design, the adequate technology evolution and ensure the consistency of the application and tools used. You will, also ocus on minimizing the need for big improvement during its lifecycle. In the role you should ensure that the application is performing adequately. Ensuring that enough capacity is available to meet the business requirements and growth projections of the customer.
Verifies and implements procedural improvements and changes (down to the level of work instructions) and provides input on structural improvements in processes/work instructions. This is done within the responsibilities of the organizational unit (and adjacent interfacing areas) with the goal to ensure changes are embedded in the daily way of working;
Monitoring of the services, by executing daily routines within office hours on the end-to-end services, by using generic and customer specific systems, tools and processes.
Performs integration activities related to specific IoT projects, gives input to different operational teams as well as to RnD
- Application development support activities
- Application specification analysis & design
- Application development execution
- Application lifecycle management
- 3rd level applications support
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
- Knowledge / awareness of the following BSS/OSS Products (not all of them are mandatory)
- Oracle BRM
- BMC Remedy
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Advanced scripting knowledge (Perl/Shell)
- Red Hat / Linux (Certified, preferred)
- Data Base Administration
- Sun Certified System Administrator (or equivalent knowledge including Sun Clusters)
- ITIL Foundations
- Basic networking knowledge
- Service network layer functionality (Circuit Switching, Packet Switching)
- Resource layer (Access network, Core network control, Core network transport, Service network)
Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, telecom) OR 1-2 years academic studies combined with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Team player and willing to share knowledge
Structured and organized way of working
Excellent communication skills in English
Proven knowledge of analytical troubleshooting
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
MELA HJ, HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 286896