Audio Description Scripter
Creative Writers wanted!
Are you keen to use your creative writing skills and like watching TV programmes? Do you have a broad vocabulary and an excellent grasp of spelling, punctuation and grammar? If so, you would be an ideal candidate to become a scripter in our Audio Description (AD) team. If successful, you will be writing AD scripts for blind and visually impaired audiences to be able to fully understand TV programmes and films across a wide range of genres and for many different TV channels.
We are particularly keen to expand our team based in Glasgow, but will accept applicants who could potentially work in our Ealing office in London, too.
To write scripts for Audio Description (AD) across a broad range of TV and film output, and to assist in the delivery of Red Bee Media’s Audio Description service.
Audio Description is a secondary soundtrack that describes onscreen action, locations and characters and is interwoven with the programme dialogue, music and sound effects to assist the visually impaired audience.
The AD team currently consists of the Audio Description Manager, two production managers, a production assistant and a team of AD scripters and voicers.
The AD department is based in Ealing, W5 and also has staff in the Brand St office in Glasgow, plus others working from home.
Red Bee Media specialises in the delivery and promotion of digital media and offers the complete range of services required to promote, playout and provide access to broadcast content across all media, from television to mobile phones.
With over 1000 staff in London and almost 100 around the UK and revenues in excess of £100million, our UK team is the largest playout and channel management business in the UK, providing critical services to a number of broadcasters including the BBC, BT Sport, UKTV, Channel 4 and Five.
Access Services provide a vital service that makes programmes accessible on BBC, BT Sport, UKTV, Channel 4 and S4C channels for the visually impaired, deaf and hearing-impaired audiences.
- To write AD scripts for a wide variety of programme material that meets Red Bee Media's standards of accuracy, faithfulness, access and style as specified in Red Bee Media's audio description guidelines.
- To contribute ideas on editorial practice during group discussions and programme reviews.
- To gain a clear understanding of the programme material and, where necessary, to check factual detail and editorial accuracy.
- To watch or read fellow scripters’ work and give feedback.
- To work with and support the person recording the Audio Description to ensure that s/he achieves the best end product.
- To explain audio description to production teams and gain their support in the preparation of described programmes.
- To operate a range of technical equipment, to ensure the preparation and delivery of audio-description scripts and voiced files.
- To support the Audio Description Production Management team in planning for new audio-described output.
- To collaborate with colleagues across Access Services to ensure the meeting of objectives
- To assist with the training and reviewing of new starters in the AD team
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Glasgow ||
Req ID: 286826