1st Level Data & Broadcast Operations Engineer
1st Level Data & Broadcast Operations Engineer
The primary function of this role is a key focus is on proactivity, service improvement and customer/vendor collaboration. Utilizing the latest toolset and analytical principals focus on customer service improvement, network service delivery improvement in all areas, proactive and predictive analytics, MSO prevention and KPI improvement. Moving in to Automation management, understanding the impact of automation and exception management.
A secondary function of this role is to ensure effective Incident management, operation, optimization and development of the customers network.
The key focus areas will be:
- Proactive long-term data analytics working towards customer, network and delivery improvements.
- Problem management and CSI.
- SLA and KPI awareness.
- Vendor and Customer Management.
- New technology and service introduction performance and operational
- Proactive identification and development of operational processes, tools and applications.
- Service/network improvement (cost, quality, performance)
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides support and direction for engineers and managers, adding value to the resolution of major incidents in real-time
- Contributes to technical solutions and logical repair process design
- Acts as a point of contact and takes ownership of incidents, service delivery and operational support issues
- Maintains knowledge base for network element and network management platforms in terms of repair, reconfiguration, hardware & software support and use of existing technologies and practices
- To maintain service for customers by maintaining the integrity of the network, Incident Management, resolving faults and ensuring maximum availability of products and services
- Expertise in database, analytic and automation applications, methodologies, and processes
- Knowledge of the relevant equipment technology used within the customer networks, with appreciation of operations, performance and design considerations. – Desirable
- Knowledge of the underlying technology Data protocols, key parameters and operating configurations. - Desirable
- Experience of working in a reactive and proactive basis. – Desirable
- Knowledge of Virgin Media products and networks -Desirable
- Experience of Incident Management and associated procedure-Desirable
- Proven aptitude for problem solving; using analytical technique to formulate solutions -Desirable
- Good communication skills, able to clearly articulate solutions to all levels-Essential
- Capable of working in teams as well as ability to use initiative as an individual -Essential
Key Personal traits
- Strong Team player (formal and virtual teams). - Essential
- Willingness to take ownership, drive activities end to end, deciding and initiating actions. – Desirable
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills, with thorough attention to detail. – Desirable
- Self-driven and proactive approach, looking beyond the immediate incident and seeing the bigger problem -Desirable
- Target focused prioritization, planning and organizational skills. – Essential
- Confident communicator, internally and customer-facing, written, verbal and face to face. – Essential
- 5 x GCSE or equivalent Grade A – C which must include Maths and English
- Knowledge of Juniper, Alcatel, Cisco and other data technologies
- Knowledge of Broadcast & VOD
- Industry experience in 24 x 7 Operations in a telecoms operator
- Exposure to and remote management of Network Data & Broadcast Equipment, Management Platforms
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 286684