2nd Level Operations Job stage 5
We are now looking for a Second Level Operations Specialist that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
You will help with Assurance support activities
- Incident management
- You will assist with Problem management
- System administration
- Understanding existing Network or project related datasets and DB structures, queries and reporting and suggesting and driving improvements to ensure that databases and reporting are fit for purpose.
- Connecting to and accessing applications via Citrix or remote VPN and virtual PC
- Desigining and developing new SQL queries, SSIS data processes, SSRS reports, databases, tables, views and stored procedures in MSSQL.
- Supporting other Business Analysts and Developers with DB Queries and report designs.
- Ensure that the Standard best practice ways of working within the team are followed.
- Working closely with reporting business analysts to understand new reporting business requirements and then develop queries based on specifications and tables stored in these SQL server environments as well as data feeds from external sources.
- A deep understanding of data structures and business rules within a system/technology context are required to be able to achieve this - this needs to be picked up quickly
- To complete system testing and data integrity checks prior to final deployment of automated outputs.
- To field and manage change requests and incidents as and when required.
- Manage customer expectation, ensuring they are met and communication is consistent.
- Manage own time and be proactive in seeking additional work and suggesting improvements to infrastructure and setup.
- Bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Telecom) or
- 3-5 years’ experience of deploy system test and lead testing team.
- ISEB/ISTQB software testing qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience of manipulating data using Excel
- Experienced SQL Server Data Developer - at least 3 years experience
- Experienced Transact-SQL Reporting Developer
- Experience of creating complex reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Experience of creating ETL routines using SSIS to import / export data to / from SQL Server
- Strong communication skills - ability to attend internal & external customer meetings, communicate with all levels of the business.
- Ability to pick up quickly the reporting requirements from the reporting BA to define specification for the automated report and database structure.
- Experience of working with complex data sources & projects being able to quickly understand the data and the context
- Proactive, motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Knowledge of Managed Service telecom operations practice
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
- Ericsson knowledge
- English skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Working with people
- Creating & innovating
- Applying expertise & technology
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || SharedServ
Req ID: 286630