2nd Level Operations Job stage 5
Job Description – Senior Engineer- MPBN
Function: 2nd Level Operations – MPBN
Position: Senior Engineer
Location: [Noida (Uttar Pradesh), India]
Working Hours: 24X7 (Primarily Night Shifts )
Qualifications: [Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering]
Total Experience: 5-8 years in Telecom Industry
Relevant Experience: 5-8 yrs (relevant to IP network)
Technical and/or functional skills: [ IP Network Nodes / IP Routing Protocols]
The primary purpose is to take full responsibility of Configuration/ Technical Discussions / Self Initiator to Mentor peers for Competence Development / Process understanding and awareness / Audits awareness and follow ups / handling emergencies activities related to MPBN Network.
The position responsible will be required:
1. To ensure configuration/ upgrades / updates handling on various MPBN nodes.
2. To participate in internal technical discussions in view to improve overall network performance and make recommendations wherever possible.
3. Execute system configuration related changes as per given access rights.
4. To ensure MSTOP Processes are followed in the Workplace.
B.E / B.Tech. in Electronics & Communications with at least 3-5 years of experience in IP networking.
Technical and/or functional skills: [Cisco/Juniper/Ericsson Certification]
The 2nd LA Senior Engineer reports to CA Manager.
The 2nd LA Senior Engineer is responsible for specific systems by performing the following activities:
- Configuration Change Planning: effectively plan to implement all Configuration activities related to routers (Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson, Huawei, Alcatel-lucent) & Extreme switches as per the network requirements.
- Integrating new node, reconfiguration of existing nodes, shifting of traffic etc.
- Upgrades & updates (router/switch/firewall)
- Defining firewall policies, opening port & configuring routing.
- Pre/Post change checks: to ensure that the configuration activity has been carried out properly without any impact on services, Pre/post activity checks and testing have to be done.
The following work position / area/ specific functional skills are typically applicable to the Engineer functional role.
Good Technical Knowledge of the specific MPBN nodes i.e. Router/Switch/Firewall for Mobile Communication
Understanding of all Processes, routines activities and stakeholder management.
- Good Expertise on IP Protocols (i.e. OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, BFD, VRRP)
- Clear & detailed understanding of GSM/GPRS/WCDMA/LTE/IN Call flows
- Good exposure to Router/Switch/Firewall of MPBN nodes of Cisco / Juniper / Ericsson / Huawei / Alcatel-lucent.
- Understanding and awareness of switching
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Noida || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 286609