Ericsson Funtional Unit: Digital Services
Country Unit: Australia & New Zealand
Work Rights: Current New Zealand or Australian Permanent Residency highly preferred
Travel Required: Locally up to 10% travel per annum
Recruiter: Jamie Holder - firstname.lastname@example.org - Please note that due to General Data Protection Regulations we are not able to accept applications via email
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity
Due to business growth we are currently searching for an experienced professional to lead and drive customer engagements at CxO/Director level within key customers in New Zealand. Based in Wellington and reporting to the Digital Services Head of IT & Cloud, you will work with an established team of senior technical and sales experts.
As the successful candidate, you will be directly responsible for strategically generating growth across an existing account and supporting the Key Account Managers (KAM’s) & Account Managers to reach sales targets through pro-active and re-active development of new business. Partnering with different C-level contacts across the designated customer account, you will strategize new ways to expand business opportunities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Excellent Technical skills in Cloud, BSS, OSS, Core (EPC, IMS)
- Excellent Customer influencing skills specifically the ability to communicate technically the value of a proposed solution
- Drive domain sales by supporting the KAM organization with business development and domain specific sales activities securing that Ericsson is perceived as a preferred partner
- Work on a strategic level identifying leads and opportunities as well as taking the role of end-to-end technical solution lead (Customer Solution Responsible) in a specific engagement
- Participate in setting strategic direction and scorecard measures for the KAM
- Leading and driving customer technical engagements at CxO/Director level
- Contribute to the successful delivery of existing contracts and leverage the contracts to identify future sales growth opportunities
- Be part of a team consisting of senior technical experts from the engagement practice and competence domain to deliver company objectives
- Analyse and understand individual customer/client needs and architect a solution that uniquely fits those needs to respond to the customer challenges
- Investigate details of new customer and/or products identified through market opportunities and/or business units
In order to achieve the above duties, the successful candidate will:
- Build strong relationships with decision makers by developing an extensive understanding of the customers overall business from a network evolution perspective
- Together with Account Manager drive all pre-sales engagement for Key Account Management team as a technology specialist
- Constantly keep yourself informed of the evolving business challenges, technology market trends, future technologies and information that may affect your customers business
- Drive and support cross-company initiatives
As our ideal candidate, you will have strong technical skills and proven senior engagement experience particularly at a CxO/Director level within the telecommunications/IT industry, strategically minded and ability to demonstrate technical value and close deals. You will be committed to delivering results and strive to learn to better understand customer business objective. A strong technical background where you were responsible for pre-sales, proposal development, product management, deal closure and building customer solutions will be highly regarded.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.