Domain Sales Manager
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publicly listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Due to business growth Ericsson Australia is currently searching for an experienced professional to lead and drive customer engagements at CxO/Director level within key customers in Australia and NZ (ANZA). Based in Wellington and reporting to the Head of IT & Cloud, you will work with an established team of senior technical and sales experts.
As the successful candidate, you will be directly responsible for strategically generating growth across an existing account and supporting the Key Account Managers (KAM’s) & Account Managers to reach sales targets through pro-active and re-active development of new business. Partnering with different C-level contacts across the designated customer account, you will strategize new ways to expand business opportunities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Excellent Technical skills in Cloud, BSS, OSS, Core (EPC, IMS)
- Excellent Customer influencing skills specifically the ability to communicate technically the value of a proposed solution
- Drive domain sales by supporting the KAM organization with business development and domain specific sales activities securing that Ericsson is perceived as a preferred partner
- Work on a strategic level identifying leads and opportunities as well as taking the role of end-to-end technical solution lead (CSR) in a specific engagement
- Participate in setting strategic direction and scorecard measures for the KAM
- Leading and driving customer technical engagements at CxO/Director level
- Contribute to the successful delivery of existing contracts and leverage the contracts to identify future sales growth opportunities
- Be part of a team consisting of senior technical experts from the engagement practice and competence domain to deliver company objectives
- Analyse and understand individual customer/client needs and architect a solution that uniquely fits those needs to respond to the customer challenges
- Investigate details of new customer and/or products identified through market opportunities and/or business units
In order to achieve the above duties, the successful candidate will:
- Build strong relationships with decision makers by developing an extensive understanding of the customers overall business from a network evolution perspective
- Together with Account Manager drive all pre-sales engagement for Key Account Management team as a technology specialist
- Constantly keep yourself informed of the evolving business challenges, technology market trends, future technologies and information that may affect your customers business
- Drive and support cross-company initiatives
As our ideal candidate, you will have strong technical skills and proven senior engagement experience particularly at a CxO/Director level within the telecommunications/IT industry, strategically minded and ability to demonstrate technical value and close deals. You will be committed to delivering results and strive to learn to better understand customer business objective. A strong technical background where you were responsible for pre-sales, proposal development, product management, deal closure and building customer solutions will be highly regarded.
**Only candidates wtih valid Australian Work Rights will be considered for this role**
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.