Technical & Solution Sales Support
Job Summary - Customer Solution Sales Director – Managed Services
The Customer Solution Sales Partner responsibility requires 8-10 years or more presales and solutioning experience in the Networks, Field Services, or IT / ADM industries, preferably from the Telecom sector.
Candidates must have skills to develop a rapport with new customers, and achieve sales targets (new sales targets, Add-on sales targets, etc.). They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to customers.
Customer Solution Sales Partners will work with mid and senior level management and delivery teams and may manage the activities of others (in a matrix fashion), responsible for developing business for the company.
Our strategy in North America is to expand and grow our Managed Services business across new and existing customers. As customers adapt their purchasing decisions and technology evolves it is seen as a crucial revenue stream to grow our services business.
We are looking for best and brightest, A person not constrained by conventional thinking and who is willing to explore and develop new ideas. We need innovative a thinker who has the knowledge and experience across the customer dimension, technology, engineering and operations. As part of the Managed Services team you will explore areas where we need to focus our business working closely with our CU partners and customers.
- You will help leverage our investments in people, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and analytics to expand our Managed Services business. As a Customer Solution Sales Partner, you will be responsible for presales, sales and solutioning for Managed Services, IT and ADM predominately within the Canadian Market.
- Strategic planning within the Customer Unit(s) of the Client(s) assigned and with the Head of Network Managed Services Sales Offering is a key part of this job description. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors. Responsibilities Be a subject matter expert in Managed Services Networks, Field Services and IT / ADM solutions, including Ericsson and third-party partner products
- Meet with sales teams and customers to understand requirements and quickly and thoroughly propose and architect solutions
- Lead direct and indirect, cross-functional teams, seeking assistance within a large, complex organization on proposals, offer development, demos, proofs of concepts, strategy development, 3rd party solutions, Bid Office, etc.
- Be a dynamic, inspirational, and positive evangelist and change agent within Ericsson and within Customer organizations
- Read and respond to RFxs, develop solution architectures, customer offerings and presentation collateral, author white papers, marketing editorials, host solution webinars and participate and speak in industry events
- Be accountable for specific Client(s)/Customers, specific opportunities, and/or incepting, cultivating and closing new business opportunities contributing to top and bottom line growth towards the group's and Ericsson's business objectives
- Support the development of a Regional Managed Services Growth Strategy (providing insights to the Strategy & Sales Offering group)Ensure high level participation in global re-use and knowledge sharing.
- Provide Competence Center business needs/requirements to ensure optimization of delivery and accurate forecasting of resources and competence.
- Drive up selling in ongoing projects
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of Ericsson's positioning vs. competition in any given situation through research, industry contacts, personal networks, etc.
- Participate and represent Ericsson at industry forums such as the TM Forum, and engage in media and analyst interviews and social media marketing efforts internally and externally
- Problem Solving & Strategic Thinking
- Customer, Market and Competitive Insight
- Consultative Selling Skills
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- TMF eTOM, ITIL, TOGAF, Level 1-4 business process understanding, data, computing, systems and network architectures
- Knowledge of portfolio in Managed Services: Networks aaS,
- Customer Experience Management/ Service Operations Center, Revenue Management, IP Operations (recommendable knowledge of IP technologies, and some other vendors such as Cisco, etc.), etc.
- Commercial Understanding
- Market Insight
- Presentation & Communication Skills
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering; Master's degree preferred; plus 10 years + related experience (Telecom/IT)Strong people leadership skills
- Extensive experience in customer facing role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong consultative selling
- Experience: in Sales/Presales working for or with large Managed Services Networks offers (>150MUSD), IT offers (>20MUSD) and NDO offers (>20MUSD) – figures are to give an approximate dimension
- in Operations within Ericsson preferable with several GSCs or as MSCOO (Managed Services Chief Operations Officer) for at least 2 of the 3 main domains (Networks, IT and/or NDO)in Operations in companies within the telecom/IT domain such as IBM, Cap Gemini, Accenture, etc.
- in Operator would be highly attractive
- Strong Financial acumen
- Additional Requirements Frequent domestic travel to customer locations and some international travel is required Ericsson Overview
- Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators.
- Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks.
- Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
- At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
- We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day.
- Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles.
- They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
- To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.