External Communications Lead for UK & Ireland
External Communications Lead for UK & Ireland
Job posted; 27/06/2019
What the role is;
We are seeking a seasoned communicator to join our passionate team in a newly created role, which will lead the External Communications in the UK and Ireland. You will partner with various units in the European and Latin American regions to build Ericsson’s brand and drive awareness of our products and services.
As a member of this exciting team, you will be responsible for shaping the external communications strategy and driving the activation of key campaigns and initiatives in the UK and Ireland. You will lead the editorial board and news flow activation, production and insights, tracking and analysing them. You will need to align market’s activation and coordinate news flow activation for Ericsson’s MC&GIR (Marketing & Communications and Government & Industry Relations) unit. Part of this role is to channel follow-ups, of content consumption and learnings for continuous improvements and partner with various units to activate global and regional programs and initiatives. You will need to identify and manage speaking opportunities and coach spokespeople acting as Speaker’s Bureau as well as provide executive support for external communications.
Other areas of responsibilities;
- You will be responsible for relationships with local media in the UK and Ireland
- You will lead the External Communications Strategy development for campaigns and brand initiatives in the UK and Ireland
- You will integrate all aspects of media, social and brand activation to define and execute campaigns successfully in the UK and Ireland
- You will collaborate with various units in Marketing, Communications, Government & Industries, Sales, Domain in Global, Business Unit and Market Area to deliver key projects and initiatives
- You will lead on media agency relations and provide clear briefing and direction
- You will also lead and own social media activation in the UK and Ireland
- You will effectively manage and report external communications outcome against KPIs
- You will identify and implement innovation and thought leadership within campaigns, various activations and across the media team
Whilst this role focuses on External communications, to support business objectives, you may be required to support our Internal Communications activities. For this, you will;
- Aid in driving employee engagement with relevant communication campaigns
- Enable managers to be optimal leaders with the ability to communicate change, by supporting with advice, material and training
- Support key stakeholders to share business relevant content.
The ideal person;
To be suitable for this role, you will be able to evidence substantial experience within a similar role, where you managed external outreach activities and campaigns successfully. You will be coming from a telecommunications background in which you have developed creative and effective campaigns towards media and wider audiences, to drive brand awareness and support business objectives. You will be a confident and creative leader with exceptional communication skills and someone who isn’t afraid to challenge the unknown to achieve business objectives and success.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: External Activation and Engagement Job Stage 07