Product Repair and Fault-Finding Technician
Location: Plano, Texas
Are you an open minded, detail-oriented person with a passion for electronics, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis willing to acquire new knowledge about advanced 5G products, and dive into problem-solving? As a part of establishing a new Smart Factory, we are now recruiting for Product Repair Technicians with solder/rework skills. We are on a journey towards building the future of wireless connectivity, and we want you on our team!
Our Exciting Opportunity:
- As a Product Repair Technician, you will help to fix and repair 5G products
- Document errors, and work out solutions in cooperation with the engineering teams
- Conduct repair buffer analysis, claims analysis, and some troubleshooting
- Unify electronic repair methods and outcomes between different production shifts
- Experience with electronic products and SMT Soldering
- Understanding of how to replace BGA’s on boards and soldering jumpers as requested by engineers or troubleshooting
- Knowledge of BGA’s (any level) and can explain the process of replacing a BGA chip on a high level
- Ability to read electronic drawings and/or take directions from engineers or electronic technicians on parts to be re-worked
- Worked with schematic diagrams where necessary
- Experience using a heat gun and solder iron
- Knowledge and understanding of dangers of ESD on components and effects of humidity and processes involved before rework on PBA’s
- Ability to solve problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Readiness to learn new technologies and processes
- 2-3 years’ work experience in the electronic field, digital electronics preferred
You might also have:
- Vocational, Trade, or University education in electronics
- Excellent computer skills
- High level of communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with management and colleagues
- We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Supply&Log