SMA Process Engineer
SMA Process Engineer
Location: Plano, Texas
We are on a journey towards building the future of wireless connectivity, and we want you on our team! As a part of establishing a new 5G Smart Factory in U.S., we are now recruiting for a SMA (Surface Mount Assembly) Process Engineer. This individual will develop, implement, and maintain cost efficient SMA processes. Key aspects of this role are to ensure the site has a state-of-the-art SMA process and the equipment is properly maintained. The chosen candidate will support both volume production as well as New Product Introduction (NPI) and inbound/outbound transfer of production.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
- You will develop the SMA (Surface Mounting Assembly) process to launch new products
- Investigate and resolve process issues related to all aspects of SMA operations including Solder Paste Printing, SPI, Placement, AOI, Reflow, and Post-SMA processes
- Drive quality and efficiency improvements for all SMA operations
- Program and troubleshoot typical SMA equipment
- Identify root cause of occurring defects and implement robust corrective actions
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities within SMA operations
- Interface with NPI teams (Project Management, Product and Production Engineering, R&D) to ensure flawless transition of new products into volume production
- Provide feedback regarding New Products Design Producibility reviews
- Control and improve SMA tool designs and place orders
- Take part in project pre-studies, pre-development activities, and global SMA technology forums
- Define the fault root causes, document errors, and work out solutions in cooperation with the engineering teams
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electronics, Chemistry, Mechanical engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SMA (Surface Mount Assembly) engineering
- Knowledge of DFM (Design for Manufacturing) process
- Deep production technology knowledge or related work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Innovative ideas and you are an adaptable team player
- Ability to interface effectively with management and colleagues
- Initially, this position will require extensive overseas traveling
- We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Supply&Log
Job details: HW Make Support Job Stage 06