Americas Material Manager
The Americas Materials Manager is the primary interface with all 3PP Suppliers across the Americas region, which encompasses North and South America. This position will be based in Guadalajara, Mexico. The Americas Materials Management organization is responsible for developing and managing strategic relationships with key decision makers globally within Supplier organizations in collaboration with internal Ericsson stake holders to better leverage Ericsson’s wanted position. Additionally, the position manages and executes consistent weekly/biweekly meetings with key suppliers where Supply KPI’s and quality delivery metrics are measured, discussed and improvement plans agreed to with execution and recovery is monitored up to resolution.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Build strong, collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Define, measure, and analyze monthly Key Performance Indicators with Suppliers, including follow ups, and communication of necessary improvement plans to internal stakeholders
- Manage and moderate internal customer escalations related to supplier delivery and material performance up to resolution to enable contract execution and cost controls
- Direct Supply onboarding of new suppliers in partnership with other key stake holders to ensure compliance to Ericsson global delivery and packaging standards
- Arrange and drive weekly progress meetings with Ericsson Supply cross functional teams
- Daily interaction with Customer Supply Team members, and Customer Units to support planned orders, deliveries, invoicing, and cost controls
- Analyze, understand, and drive corrective actions on escalations and prioritization matters
- Stay informed on received contracts, customer purchase orders, and forecast in terms of revenue value, order volumes, and products
- Compile, present, and elucidate key points of data regarding supplier performance as it relates to Ericsson strategy to Executive Leadership both internally within Ericsson and externally with key partners.
- Provides regular input from key 3PP Supplier and various stake holders to supply planning functions
- Extensive working knowledge of supply chain operational structure, logistics management, project management and effective presentation strategies
- Knowledge of SAP process and procedures
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Executive, C- level communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking/problem-solving skills, leadership, process management/improvement
- Ability to think “outside the box”
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and solve problems in stressful situations
- Excellent, executive negotiation and presentation skills
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in supply chain management, project management, business administration, or related field of study plus 7-10 years’ experience in executive level relationship management.
- Must communicate both verbally and written in fluent Spanish and English. Portuguese also preferred.
- Must be able to travel internationally primarily within North and South America.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Mexico (MX) || || Guadalajara || Supply&Log
Req ID: 286255