Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
ICT Security Analyst: Bangalore
Ericsson has been at the forefront of communications technology for more than 140 years in the rapidly changing environment of telecommunications. We are the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As an ICT Security Analyst we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
We are looking for security professionals within IT security operations to strengthen the cyber security posture of Ericsson. This is a dream job for those who have the attitude of getting things done irrespective of the challenges, an area that relates the glory to ground realities. Utilizes Common sense (Fundamentals) to improve Cyber Sense across Ericsson
An amazing learning opportunity with ever changing threat landscape and technological advancements.
Security Monitoring & Incident Handling:
- Perform analysis and identify opportunities tune and improve efficiency of SIEM, IDS/IPS, Malware detection technologies, and other technologies related to detecting emerging threats.
- Good knowledge of security tools and technology such as Network IDS/IPS, Firewall, Host IDS / IPS, Antivirus, Windows Active Directory and Linux Operating System.
- Perform detailed security event analysis, event investigation and validation, correlation and trending to ensure threats are identified and escalated accordingly
- Investigate and find root causes of incidents and document the lessons learned.
- Develop and Implement Use Cases for security event and incident management (leveraging SIEM solutions and other technologies)
- Analyze and contextualize threat intelligence feeds (zero-day vulnerabilities, malware, etc.) and provide applicable solutions to implement protective controls and/or countermeasures
- Experience with forensics tools such as X-Ways, F-Response, Volatility and Rekall.
- Ability to write scripts /code using Python, Perl, PowerShell or equivalent language.
- Understanding of privilege escalation, persistence and lateral movement techniques. Understanding of host and network incident response process, task and tools.
- Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents and other threat indications and warning information to teams and leadership as a part of incident response. Author post mortem reports to be provided to senior leadership.
- Knowledge of Digital forensics and Incident response
- Managing Phish/Spam emails reported to SOC
- Education: BE or any bachelor’s degree
- Total 10 to 16 years of experience with at least 5+ years of experience in IT Security
- Ability to work at odd hours
- Interested in Technology and Communication.
- Good documentation skills
- The ability to work constructively under pressure.
- Flexibility and ability to work both in a team as well as individually.
- Excellent communication skills
- Communication and people skills, as the role involves extensive interaction with internal and external partners
- Analytical skill
- Experience with regulatory requirements such as e.g. SOX, information security or IT security standards, Ericsson steering document
- In-depth and working knowledge of ISO 27002 controls and how they should be implemented to secure Ericsson’s information technology environments
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.