Sales Director - IP & Transport
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Director (IP & Transport) to join the sales team at Ericsson Canada. Reporting to the CTO, this position will support multiple customer accounts across the Canadian business. Your prior experience selling in the IP Routing & Transport domain, knowledge of the Canadian market, competitive landscape in IP Routing & Transport and your passion to win are necessary for this role. You will be responsible for generating long-term profitable business by driving the creation & execution of sales engagement plans for the IP & Transport domain. Success in this role requires the individual to develop trusted customer relationships to identify needs, and, working closely with the solutions & delivery teams, develop winning propositions that leverage the unique differentiation of Ericsson/ Juniper solutions.
- Lead the sales engagement, from inception to deal closure for our business the IP & Transport domain.
- Formulate strategies to replace an incumbent, protect & grow the Ericsson/ Juniper installed base.
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing clients to expand sales.
- Develop an opportunity pipeline, manage the sales funnel, and growth plan.
- Achieve defined sales targets and contribute to overall profitability, success and positive image of Ericsson in the Canadian market.
- Domestic Travel, ~30% required.
Key Selection Criteria
- BS/BA/BE 10 plus years proven successful sales experience
- A good track record of meeting/ exceeding targeted objectives.
- Proven experience selling complex solutions to executive management.
- Knowledge of the IP Routing & Transport domain, & vendor landscape.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to persuade -- using simple communications that convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
- Self-starter, respectful negotiator and strong closer with multi-tasking ability.
- Extraordinary presentation skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to network within a customer organization to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across the extended account, solutions & delivery teams.
- Prior knowledge of Ericsson & Juniper IP & Transport Solution offerings.
- Formal training in value-based selling.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Innovative and creative
- Mississauga, ON
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Mississauga || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 285735