Senior Interaction Designer
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
The future will look very different and the future starts today. We are re-inventing the services provider experience and intend to accelerate the latest innovations seen in both mobile and cloud.
Ericsson Digital Services does this by delivering best in class solutions and platforms with leading technologies, built and delivered by the best people. Now we’re taking the next step, leveraging web scale with an iconic user experience for our customers and their customers, and therefore be the partner of choice for service providers.
We have been recognized for our excellence in brand design and user experience implementation with design awards (Red Dot And iF Design) for its new design system - the Ericsson Design System (EDS). This is especially important for our company’s digital service offerings where EDS has been integrated as a tool for software development, demonstrating Ericsson’s commitment to delivering world-class customer experiences.
We are now looking for a talented and passionate Interaction Designer to join us. As part of our Design Studio team - 20+ UX designers - you will foster a culture of user experience in the development process and will be integrated in a global UX community driving for consistency across our product suites. You will manage UX projects and be involved in interaction design, information architecture, user research, prototyping, testing and analyzing concept to implementation of digital solutions with our local and remote UX teams. Your work will span across our entire business area portfolio.
You have 5+ years of user interface and visual design experience with Web, desktop, and mobile applications, including proven experience with different UX deliverables. You can adapt them to different uses, projects and constraints. You must be self-motivated, willing to be challenged by management, experts, development teams and customers, as well as work thoughtfully in building bridges between our offices globally.
The position is placed in Kista (Stockholm), Sweden. You will report to the head of the UX Design studio and work closely with both development units and product managers to set the directions of our world-class digital services.
- Drive the product design through the whole lifecycle (via customer needs, task analysis, personas, storyboards, user flows, prototypes, GUI sketches, mockups, etc.)
- Take a leadership role in guiding our distributed/local UX teams in the design of world-class user-focused applications through reviews and support
- Produce elegant design concepts and proof of concepts, which consider both users need and business goals
- Develop relevant and durable strategies for UX.
- Inspire, motivate, mentor, brief and direct our distributed creative teams
- BA or BS degree in Interaction Design, Human Factor, HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- 5+ years of user interface and visual design experience with Web applications, desktop, and mobile applications
- Ability to produce and deliver designs at various levels of fidelity (e.g. whiteboard flows, Lo-Fi prototypes, pixel-perfect layouts, animated transitions)
- Solid graphical design skills
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, JustInMind, Axure, After Effects and a willingness to explore new tools
- Experience leading small to medium size teams
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design processes
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase, is a plus.
- Experience with agile development
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Ability to initiate and lead new activities, and to work independently, as well as in a team
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
- Video production skills is a plus
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
A full and rich portfolio of projects you have worked on is expected.
The position will be based in Kista, Sweden
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 285733