South Africa Engineering Graduates 2019
We’re Ericsson, a huge community of passionate, like-minded people. And that’s a powerful thing.
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We’ve never had a greater opportunity to drive change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable and connected world.
We are on a quest, we´ve promised to never stand still; relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. This demands from all our people the creativity to discover, the accountability to deliver and the courage to remove complexity wherever it presents itself. Your commitment to these qualities will always be expected, and never go unnoticed. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’. And for this, we need the right people.
Our New Graduate Talent Program in Johannesburg, South Africa will begin in August 2019 and focuses on technology leadership. Our aim is to attract and guide the most talented, innovative and creative technology minds.
Is this you?
We are looking for graduates with the following degrees:
· Minimum education level required: Bachelor's Degree in Software OR Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or Information Technology ( or a degree in a relevant field)
· Newly graduated individuals who completed in 2018 or 2019 or fresh graduates (maximum one year ago) who are available to start fulltime (immediately)
What you’ll be doing:
· Scope, define & design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions.
· Analyze customer technology, define business requirements & participate in risk analysis.
· Help to prepare system test, module test and accept test.
· Support deployment of solution.
· Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies in Related Areas
· Basic Network level competence
· Database Understanding
· Basic understanding of programming and scripting language
· Broad Technical Acumen
· Problem Solving Ability
· Creative Thinking
· Good planning organizing skills
· Team work & collaboration skills
· Presentation skills (oral and written).
· Proficiency in Microsoft office
What we offer:
· 12 months graduate program – we offer you a great training program before you move into an experienced job
· Opportunity to be a part of an international company powered by technology and customer interaction
· Explore your passion for innovation and your desire to join a leader. You’ll enjoy an open, high performance culture that encourages idea generation and thought exploration
· Exposure to working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment, as well as the most recent trends of global technology such as 5G, IoT, Cloud, etc.
· Continuous learning and development
· On the job training and mentorship programs provided by senior experts in the industry.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: South Africa (ZA) || || Johannesburg || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 285537