We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Why is Ericsson a good place to work:
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Senior Data Engineer at Global AI Accelerator Unit
Would you like to change the way the world is connected? 5G is going to be a game changer in the world of connectivity. Do you want to be an influencer in making product and design decisions to run, optimize and manage 5G Networks? If yes, we have a place for you.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize a 5G network, Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies- will be vital for us to handle that complexity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution towards the adoption of Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies with in the portfolio of Ericsson Products (https://www.ericsson.com/en/portfolio) in the areas of 5G Networks, Managed Services, Digital Services, IoT and Emerging Business. You will work closely with Domain experts, Product Managers, Data Scientists and Researchers to solve some of the mostly challenging problems in the areas in the telecom domain. You will have opportunity to work in the technology that will touch the lives of billons of people and connected things as well.
Machine Intelligence at Ericsson
Machine Intelligence (MI), the combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is a key competence to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure that we use to power our 5G networks and services. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations to drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry. Our global group develop state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and create new value through data insights.
Ericsson is looking for Senior Data Engineers to join our growing team of MI experts to significantly expand its Global AI Accelerator team.
Ericsson is looking for savvy Senior Data Engineers to join our growing team of MI experts. As a team member, you will be evolving and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as, optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You are an expert data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and evolving them. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data and models devOps (dataOps) architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You are self-directed and comfortable supporting the dataOps needs of multiple teams, systems and products. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s dataOps architecture to support our existing and next generation of MI-driven products and solutions initiatives.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a good understanding of business processes and domain knowledge by working with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams
- Drive and Contribute to the data warehouse design and data preparation by implementing a solid, robust, extensible design that supports key business flows
- Drive with the creation and maintaining of complex data pipelines
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud-based ‘big data’ technologies from AWS, Azure and others
- Keep data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and strategic customers/partners
- Create tool-chains for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and machine learning experts to strive for greater functionality in our data and model life cycle management systems
- Build sanity checks and dashboards for monitoring data quality, pipeline performances and infrastructure health
- Support DataOps competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
What we would like to see
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another related field.
- >5 years’ experience using the following software/tools:
- Expert in NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Solr, MongoDB, etc..
- Expert in tools/software for big data processing such as Hadoop, Spark.
- Expert in handling data streams with tools such as Flink, Spark-Streaming, Kafka or Storm.
- Expert in Data and Model pipeline and workflow management tools such as Azkaban, Luigi. Airflow or Dataiku.
- Expert in Docker containers, orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes), continuous integration and job schedulers.
- Expertise on serverless architectures (e.g. Lambda, Kinesis, Glue).
- Expertise with microservices and REST APIs.
- Expert knowledge in SQL and traditional RDBMS systems.
- Expert in object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc. (Advanced level in one language at least).
- Leading and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of other databases/date-sources.
- Leader in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Expertise in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and seek opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Have built processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Expert knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Expert in Data warehouse design and dimensional modeling.
- Familiar with agile development and lean principles.
- Contributor or owner of GitHub repo.
The position is based in Kista, Stockholm, Sweden.
Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we are continuously recruiting.
For Queries related to the position please reach out to the recruiter Hema Powar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 285524