Are you interested in being part of our digital success? Ericsson has identified 10 digital capabilities which will significantly enhance our customers’ experience and our end to end flow efficiency. For each digital capability, we are establishing dedicated cross-functional teams – known as Lighthouses – which will work in an agile, iterative way to develop and deploy new capabilities using a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) approach. We are committed to scaling, building, and industrializing these capabilities across the Ericsson organization. Each Lighthouse will lead the way to make us easier to deal with as well as more transparent and efficient when serving our customers.
We are looking for strongly determined and passionate UX Designers to develop intuitive interfaces and transformative user experiences to connect customers and employees to Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) of digital solutions. Main activities of UX Designers include strategic design and user need identification, and translating this into intuitive designs. While exact tasks differ across lighthouses, typical work includes prototyping (creating static click-dummies), collecting feedback and input from end users / customers, and deriving pixel-perfect designs for implementation by software developers. Characteristics of the ideal candidate; Proficiency with common design tools, experience from translating end user / customer requirements into an integrated customer journey, strong communication skills to discuss feedback and requirements with end users, and a strong drive and willingness to learn on the job. UX Designers will be based in Sweden and belong to the Digital Transformation Office while working in a lighthouse project.
We are currently looking for several UX Designers in Stockholm, Sweden.
Responsibilities of an UX Designer:
- Support the Product Owner in translating customer / end user requirements into an integrated customer journey
- Build click-dummies to outline MVP frontend functionality and ensure alignment with Ericsson Design System (EDS)
- Present click-dummy / designs
- Collect feedback and input from end users / customers and team members
- Support in defining the end user / customer segmentation and develop interfaces based on the specific requirements for different end users / customers
- Estimate design effort for system user stories in sprint and cycle planning meeting
- Build pixel-perfect designs for MVP system frontend as a basis for implementation by software engineers
- Commit activities and deliverables for each sprint
UX Designer basic qualifications:
- University degree/MBA in Interaction Design, Human Factor, HCI, Graphic design, Psychology, Business, Engineering / ICT, or related field
- Significant experience working with UX and / or strategic design
- Ability to produce and deliver designs at various levels of fidelity (e.g. whiteboard flows, Lo-Fi prototypes, pixel-perfect layouts, animated transitions)
- Hands-on experience with common design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Zeplin, Sketch, Balsamiq, Marvel) and willingness to explore new tools
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design processes
- Strong communication skills and great understanding of end user / customer needs and perspective
- Must be able to show a full and rich portfolio of projects previously worked on
UX Designer preferred qualifications:
- Hands-on experience with designing for responsive interfaces and / or native applications
- Familiarity with Agile ways of working
Both local and international candidates are welcome to apply. International candidates selected for the role will be provided with relocation support.
Now we are considering candidates for UX/UI Designer roles for Lighthouse 1, 2, 3 and 4. Selection process is ongoing, and we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT; R&D
Req ID: 285454