Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers & more than 40% of the world’s mobile traffic is carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are now looking for a Sales Director, Cloud Providers to position Ericsson as the technology leader in the industry as well as act as “evangelist” and visionary, a trusted advisor to key executive decision makers in customer organizations. Participate in direct customer dialogues at the highest levels, providing experience & knowledge of emerging technology trends and business models in combination with Ericsson technology & offerings. Secure understanding of competition, market situation, etc. building on in-depth knowledge & understanding of the customer. Expert in capturing immediate sales opportunities while at the same time generating new products/solutions through different routes to market, including new venture creation.
- Experience creating strategic new business opportunities across all three horizons of innovation; ranging from in year sales through to new venture creation:
- Executive level technology sales experience, delivering 10M+ of in-year revenue, leveraging core and emerging product solutions
- Experience creating new routes to market through channel partners, joint-ventures, new startups, delivering exponential growth for your own organization.
- Solid commercial relationships with C-levels in Silicon Valley including executive relationships with Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, Netflix
- Design Thinking knowledge and Rapid Prototyping experience are needed. Familiarity with Lean Startup methodologies preferred.
- Excels at stakeholder management and problem solving (internally and externally)
- Customer contract development, creating strong positive business impact for both our customers and Ericsson
- We are a global team and experience driving Global Businesses is key
- Knowledge in forefront technologies such as IoT, Data Analytics and Cloud
- 5+ years executive sales experience; technology experience preferred
- Excited about emerging technologies and passionate about creating the Next Big Thing
- Experience delivering projects in budget
- Previous involvement with Startup(s) and Corporate Ventures is valued
- Experience defining New Business Models
- Active presence in Social Media
- Experience developing Eco-system communities
- Owner-Mindset Mentality
- Out of the box thinker
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and communication skills
- Your ability to enable teamwork and collaboration will be needed
This position will be located in Santa Clara, CA or Bellevue, Washington
Why join Emerging Business team?
The Emerging Business Unit is uniquely positioned to transform the way that Ericsson does business by engaging with non-traditional customers in new and innovative ways. By identifying new market trends in combination with Ericsson capabilities, this team is changing the way the world’s largest companies operate and evolve. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, to understand their
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 285435