Power Hardware Developer
Developer; Power Hardware Designer
Board Power Design at Lindholmen is responsible for research, development and maintenance of the board power solutions to the majority of the Ericsson Product Portfolio. We are a part of the Ericsson’s global design organization and engaged in developing products for the present and future mobile networks. Right now Ericsson is on a great journey to realize the next generation of mobile networks – 5G Networks. At our design site we are five sections forming a competence center with responsibility to provide all types of power solutions to the Ericsson organization covering all the product portfolio of Ericsson.
At board power digital design, we are now looking for an experienced and passionate analogue Hardware power design Engineer with a great interest in discrete power design. You will be part of a dedicated team responsible for creating the discrete board power solution for Ericsson baseband projects. Typical work tasks include pre-studies, circuit simulation , schematic design, PCB layout, on-board verification and support with board bring up in Ericsson production factories. If you also have experience from high power AC/DC designs that would be considered as an advantage.
You will also work in close cooperation with our Software team that designs the power management Firmware and with other power design disciplines and with global power system suppliers. You will interact with design disciplines across Ericsson, such as digital design, system design and building practice. Co-operation with global production sites and other design centers in Sweden and China is part of the daily work.
We at board power design use the latest design and simulation tools in order to develop our world class products. We keep track of new technology, methodology and design techniques, ensuring that our design activities are kept at a world class level. Our Competence center is based on team work with experienced and dedicated individuals. We believe that our employees are the key to our success.
The job is in sector of product development for Ericsson Baseband products which includes:
- Board Power design (DC/DC converters, power architectures, POL converters, EMI filters) .
- Design and evaluation of components, protection circuitry, supervision and control functions.
- Schematic design and support and understanding of PCB layout design.
- Testing and verification of power converters, -48V input stage, protection and supervision circuits.
- Production support.
- Act as mentor within technical areas.
- Contribute to the strategic analysis of future design trends.
You take initiative and are willing to adopt new methods and techniques. You work well independently, but you are also a team player with good communication skills. You have worked some years within the field and have:
- BSc or MSc degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Five or more years of experience from power hardware design.
- Skills in schematic design and experience of working in laboratory environment (instruments, measurement techniques etc.)
- Experience from PCB design tools such as Cadence , mentor graphics etc .
- Power component knowledge.
- Having an Analytical and inquisitive mindset.
- Fluent in English language.
Good to have
- Communication protocols (SM Bus, PM Bus)
- Good knowledge of developing test systems using LabView or HP vee.
- Experience with mentoring, coaching and working with co located teams.
- Knowledge of digital power converters.
The position is a Developer based in Göteborg, in modern facilities at Lindholmen Science Park. The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 285254