Role - Playout Director
Location - London
To be responsible for the accurate, effective and smooth management and running of broadcast channels in a Playout environment, on behalf of clients.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Ensure that all schedules are ready for Playout and that they conform with OFCOM and client guidelines.
- Ensure that detailed checking is carried out such that all media/material is correct and consistent with paper and computerised information, in line with Red Bee Media and client requirements.
- To spot check media/material and monitor channels & streams in order to ensure that the output is accurate and that planned schedules are delivered as intended.
- To operate computerised single and multi-channel Playout equipment according to agreed procedures.
- To be aware of and able to deploy the Disaster Recovery plans where necessary and be prepared to make changes at the last minute, as required.
- To ensure that standby material is at hand for matters of emergency or equipment failure.
- To always be aware of current affairs and their impact upon media/material, schedules and against OFCOM or other editorial guidelines and to suggest changes as per client guidelines.
- To ensure that communication with Red Bee Managers and clients regarding late changes or alterations is timely and effective.
- Be a point of contact for Ad Sales and Media Planning both in and out of in office hours for late commercial, promotion, interstitial and programme schedule changes.
- Be up to date with Red Bee Media clients’ service offerings and strive to ensure all standards are adhered to.
- Continually work to identify ways in which the service to Red Bee Media clients and their customers could be improved and mitigate.
- To fully log details of any incidents on the appropriate systems and escalate to the DEM as required.
- To react and use emergency and manual processes to redress any incident affecting TX, in the shortest possible time, thus ensuring minimal outage time.
- To be prepared and able to work in a 24/7 environment on a rotational shift pattern.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in a technically driven environment where service provision is critical
- Knowledge of television transmission systems and equipment required
- Previous expereince within a live broadcast environment
- Extensive experience with frequent schedule changes
- Knowledge of the OFCOM and other relevant regulatory body guidelines
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurised situation
- Media technical background preferred
- Decision making & editorial policy judgement
- Teamwork & Co-operation
- Communication Skills
- Creative Thinking and Initiative
- Planning & Organizing
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || White City || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 284953