- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Familiarity with both US and UK English conventions.
- A keen editorial eye for spotting errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- A natural acumen for the aesthetic aspects of layout and formatting of documents.
- Ability to analyse and explain complex and abstract concepts both verbally and visually.
- Keen understanding of the learning content creation with explicit experience in the learning development/technical writing/language editing which comes from having worked closely with instructional designers, developers, content curators, project managers, clients, and users.
- Attention to detail.
- Have understanding of instructional design principles.
- Experienced in setting and implementing storyboarding standards and guidelines, language review and hygiene implementation,
- Be able to conduct training QA.
- Participate in training reviews to implement continuous training development improvement procedures
Additional technical competencies will be a bonus:
- Ample exposure to Technical Writing/Language Editing; capable of rendering technical details into readable/usable documentation, with excellent editing and proofreading skills, and exceptional written communication skills.
- Awareness of updating and editing technical documentation such as: procedure manuals, user guides/manuals, programming manuals, technical publications, product, and operational specifications.
- Be ready to take accountability for each assignment
- Become a regular source of strategic and value-add counsel for internal stakeholders regarding their requests
- Actively encourage a creative and proactive culture across the team
- Ability to develop best practices and template approaches that can be shared across with the team
- Ability to deliver on time and on budget
- Be transparent and encourage knowledge sharing and supportive environment
- Excellent relationship and collaboration skills / team player
- Act according to Ericsson’s corporate values and lead by example
- Strong commitment to excellence
- Result oriented
- Attention to detail
- High level of personal integrity / ability to instil trust
- Ability to work effectively in a global virtual team across different times zones, locations, and cultures
Qualification and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Education, Communication and Media Studies, Adult Learning, Teaching Foreign Languages, Social Sciences, Public Relations, or related discipline.
- Around 8-10 years’ professional experience, with at least a 6-year focus on hands-on content creation and writing/editing.
- Understanding of technology/engineering/telecom/networking domains would be an advantage.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || Consulting&SysInt; IT
Req ID: 284944