We are looking for talented and motivated experienced software developers, aiming for working with cutting edge technologies, developing functionality for 5G networks, in an international working environment.
You will be part of a team developing the 5G Packet Core focused on Traffic Management area, including traffic optimizations, packet I/O, analytics solutions, machine learning for traffic identification and automation, edge cloud, etc. In a nutshell your goal would be to develop add-on differentiating value on top of the 5G network user plane infrastructure.
- Bachelor/ master degree in Computer science, Telecommunication engineering or related field.
- Advanced C/C++ or scripting programming (python, perl, shell/bash) on UNIX/Linux
- Familiar with Unix/Linux toolchain: compilers, debuggers, memory and CPU profilers
- Knowledge or experience in TCP/IP Networking, data networks and IP-based applications
- Capacity to investigate and debug complex issues. Including performance tuning experience, troubleshooting, core dump analysis, …
- Excellent in team working.
- Curious, willing to learn and share knowledge.
- Good communication skills and open personality.
- Organized, solution oriented, passion for details, perseverant.
- Fluent in English.
Competences Of Extra Value
- TCP/IP Networking and evolution transport protocols (like QUIC), data networks and IP-based applications (HTTP, HTTPS, ..).
- Solid knowledge of network device drivers, SDK, Linux patches, RTOS basics, and build environments in Linux
- Kernel development and OS system level programming in general
- Knowledge in Mobile network architecture 4G/5G. Interfaces, protocols, functions,..
- Cloud environments: Openstack, Kubernetes, ..
- Knowledge in operating system architectures and capacity to model scalable designs and solutions
- Advanced Linux user and network administrator
- Experience in Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation
- Experience in configuration of network equipment
- Knowledge in real time data analytics algorithms.
You will contribute to an inspiring global project working for a great company:
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || R&D
Req ID: 284904