Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson
equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals. We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
This position is ideal for candidate who is passionate in transforming a major Telecom company from legacy IT to a DevOps culture? Qualified candidate shall have 5+ years of actual implementation experience in developing automated CI/CD pipelines, or equilvalent experiences.
A DevOps Architect leads the implementation and facilitates the adoption of the DevOps toolchain. The Architect understands the customer business, technology, and operations
landscape and advise on improvements to process, methodologies, technologies, and automation to streamline and improve the entire product lifecycle maintenance of services. The
creates and evolves the DevOps strategy, processes, development tools and methodology.
Develops strategies for automated Tools Infrastructure, CI Platform, Application Provisioning, Deployment, and Configuration and Management. Converts requirements to a cost-efficient solution and design requirements, overseeing the design execution and ensure handover with well-defined LCM strategy. The DevOps Architect interacts intensely with customers & stakeholders to align the continuous changing requirements and customer demands to influence internal priorities and strategy. The DevOps Architect is a passionate individual who can scale across roles and flexible to work with a diverse team. Senior DevOps Architect shall act as DevOps coach or Agile coach to develop organizational maturity. Lead transformations providing analysis and strategy for onboarding products and solutions to the automation toolchain. Define and implement metrics to demonstrate business value delivered from the adoption of automation tools & technologies. Perform maturity assessments and develop strategies and plans to drive maturity within the solution delivery.
- Experience in Solutioning, Architecture & Design of complex systems
- Experience in the delivery lifecycle from requirents & design to production deployments
- Experience mentoring, coaching, & guiding teams in the decomposition of requirements, design of the solution, and build up of components to achieve a complete solution that meets the business objectives
- Understanding and ability to drive best practices in the solution delivery teams
- Ability to assess best practices, technical aspects of a product & solution and align them with an overall automation strategy
- Ability to define and communicate a plan around how automation of the delivery process will be established with concrete goals, milestones, and objectives and track and adjust that plan as needed
- Ability to articulate the value of automating various delivery activities and weigh the cost benefits of each automation
- Experience in architecting for reuse and balancing the need for expediency with the efficiencies gained with increased flexibility
- Effective Communication
- Must be comfortable presenting the Global DevOps technical strategy to internal executive management as well as external customer leadership
- Must be willing and ready to share and teach project resources in multiple areas of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with Source Control Management Systems: e.g. GitLab (Preferred), Git
- Experience in Build Automation: e.g. Maven, Gradle, Ant
- Experience in Configuration Management: e.g. Ansible, Rundeck, Puppet/Chef
- Experience in CI/CD Pipeline Development: e.g. GitLab, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Experience with artifact repository and static code analysis: Artifactory, SonarQube
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Must be very comfortable using a command line interface
- CentOS / RHEL 7, Ubuntu
- Experience in Containers and Container management: e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Experience with programming languages: e.g. Java, Java Script, JSON, YAML, XML/XSLT, Python
- Experience with Scrum, Agile and DevOps environment
- Experience implementing a DevOps pipeline and helping drive adoption
- Recent 3-5 years of DevOps Development experience integrating development tooling along with 3rd parties to automate the software delivery processes
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or similar.
Up to 15%
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || Yokohama || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 284773