What you'll do?
We are looking for a talented and motivated young software developer, aiming for:
- Working with cutting edge technologies
- Developing functionality for 5G networks
- Be part of a team developing the 5G Packet Core focused on Traffic Management area,
- Your work will include also traffic optimizations, analytics solutions, machine learning for traffic identification and automation, edge cloud, etc..
All in an international working environment. In a nutshell your goal would be to develop add-on differentiating value on top of the 5G network user plane infrastructure.
What you'll need?
- Bachelor/ master degree in Computer science, Telecom engineering or related field.
- Linux fan!
- Willing to, or being already proficient in programming of open-platform, real-time and high-available systems, as well as scripting.
- Cloud native software stacks and execution environments: VMware, AWS, Swarm, Kubernetes, others.
- Excellent in team working.
- Curious, willing to learn and share knowledge.
- Good communication skills and open personality.
- Fluent in English.
Competences Of Extra Value
- Scripting: Python or similar
- C/C++ programming on Linux/Unix.
- Capacity to investigate and debug complex issues. Including performance tuning experience, troubleshooting, core dump analysis, …
- TCP/IP Networking and evolution transport protocols (like QUIC), data networks and IP-based applications (HTTP, HTTPS, ..).
- Knowledge in Mobile network architecture 4G/5G. Interfaces, protocols, functions,..
- Cloud native software stacks and execution environments: VMware, AWS, Swarm, Kubernetes, others..
- Knowledge in operating system architectures and capacity to model scalable designs and solutions
- Knowledge in real time data analytics algorithms
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary Package
- Rich benefits package ( private medical care for the employee, life insurance, lunch voucher, gym discounts, kindergarten voucher...)
- Stable employment on the basis of an employment contract
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning opportunities and knowledgeable colleagues
- clearly defined career paths
- Work-based on developing the latest solutions in the area of mobile technology
- Work from home, flexible working hours, laptop and mobile phone.
- Work-life balance
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
You will contribute to an inspiring global project working for a great company:
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || R&D
Req ID: 284721