ENM/OSS Network Support Engineer
CNS Engineer CU UKI – Mobile OSS/ENM
Posting Date: 17/06/2019
Application deadline: 15/07/2019
We are now looking for an OSS/ENM competent Customer Network Support (CNS) Engineer to join the S&R CU UK Ireland team. You will be part of a CU team delivering customer support services.
- Customer request handling
- Developing and maintaining relationships
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Working embedded and onsite for UK Customers- specifically fulfilling the following requirements: -
- Repeat fault analysis, Fault isolation/Network level fault analysis, pre-update preparation, post update checks, etc.
- Immediate formal and informal consultative working/advice reducing Product expert response lead times (thereby enhancing typical SLA delivery times).
- For example: Continued focus on high profile investigations, consultation on potential workarounds, etc.
- RCA/PIR follow up consultation, action planning/local implementation.
- For example: Supporting Problem Management follow-up to help eradicate repeat incidents, implement early warning mechanisms, etc.
- Provide expert advice for health check/troubleshooting guides and informal chalk and talk sessions.
- For example: Advice to aid operational improvement initiatives/focus projects
- Proactive ad-hoc checks, early warning reports with result analysis and corrective actions.
- For example: Using knowledge gained from close working with operational team coupled with knowledge of Product working to capture early warnings of impending faults and assist with corrective actions
- Pre-emptive Health Checks
- Planned Upgrades and maintenance releases.
- On Call Support
- Experience in working closely with customers on their premises, either in a project delivery of customer support capacity
- Strong Network Level Competence and understanding of the Operator's environment.
- Strong competence in OSS domain, specifically in the following areas;
- ENM managing 2G,3G,4G & 5G Radio Network.
- Auto Provisioning of CPP & Baseband nodes
- ENM managing CORE & UDM nodes.
- ENM on VMWare platform with vSAN.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: Support Engineer Job Stage 06