Senior Industrial Designer/Design Engineer
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and related services to mobile and fixed network operators globally.
The Enclosure and Power department is responsible for developing hardware solutions for a broad range of indoor and outdoor systems, from antennas to macro installations.
To further enrich our products in quality, product identity and usability we are building a strong Industrial Design team, taking active part in all hardware product development, from research and early concepts to implementation and production. The Industrial Design team is growing and we are now looking for a Senior Industrial Designer/Design Engineer to join the team.
Qualifications and skills
- Your background for the job as Industrial Designer/Design Engineer is a Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or Design Engineering and at least five years’ experience of work as industrial designer or design engineering with consumer and/or professional products.
- As an experienced Industrial Designer/Design Engineer you are working flexible and responsively in cross functional project groups as well as in independent projects, both as lead designer and creative doer.
- With a wide competence within product development your core competences lie in product identity, usability and innovation.
- You have a strong aesthetic understanding and the ability to communicate brand values in products.
- You are good at creating an overview of complicated problems, quickly work out alternative solutions and find inspiration in challenges that calls for creative problem solving.
- Working methodically you are always careful to assure planning, efficiency and quality, you have high standards and deliver in time.
- You have a good insight in different types of production methods and are used to work with design for advanced injection molding, die casting, pressed steel and more.
- With extensive experience in your professional tools you work intuitively and can efficiently keep a high level of quality.
- You are creative, open-minded and focused on customer and user satisfaction; have a great understanding of aesthetics, industrial design and ergonomic principles, and a passion for innovation and quality, with a strong eye for detail, excellent communication and execution abilities.
As Industrial Designer/Design Engineer you will have a central role in our Industrial Design team.
- You will be driving Industrial Design projects from ideas to manufacturing, in cross-competence project teams, representing the Industrial Design interests including Product Identity, Usability and Brand values.
- You will have great opportunities for initiatives and creativity in multiple projects.
- You will take active part in the continuous development of the Industrial Design department including platform work, strategies, networking, and ways of working.
- A sharp professional toolbox and well-oiled, methodical way of working.
- A strong and versatile sense of aesthetics, form and human factors.
- Creative leadership qualities and good organizational skills.
- A team player with professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence and self motivation.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in 2D and 3D as well as good verbal and written presentation skills in English and Swedish.
Last date for application is 1st of September 2019.
If you have any questions you can contact recruiter Sarah Lashari, firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT; R&D
Req ID: 284575