We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Business Area Networks: where 5G was born! We’re a global team of approx. 26 000 in 93 countries, with 126 nationalities represented. About half of us work in R&D, approx. 6 000 in Group Supply and 5 000 in Service Area Networks. Together we create future-proof, scalable network architectures in an industry that is constantly on the move. Our approach is simple: we build solutions that empower our customers to meet tomorrow’s demands. 5G is happening now, with the first commercial launches implemented today.
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. Often, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Qualifications and skills
Your background for the job as Industrial Designer is a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design and at least three years’ experience of work as industrial designer with consumer and/or professional products.
- As an Industrial Designer you are working in cross functional project groups as well as in independent projects, both as lead designer and creative doer.
- With a wide competence within product development your core competences lie in product identity, usability and innovation.
- You have a strong aesthetic understanding and the ability to communicate brand values in products.
- You are good at creating an overview of complicated problems, quickly work out alternative solutions and find inspiration in challenges that calls for creative problem solving.
- Working methodically, you are always careful to assure planning, efficiency and quality, you have high standards and deliver in time.
- You have good insight in different types of production methods and are used to work with design for advanced injection molding, die casting, pressed steel and more.
- With your professional tools you work intuitively and can efficiently keep a high level of quality.
- You are creative, open-minded and focused on customer and user satisfaction; have a great understanding of aesthetics and ergonomic principles, and a passion for innovation and quality, with a strong eye for detail, excellent communication and execution abilities.
- As Industrial Designer you will have a central role in our Industrial Design team.
- You will be driving Industrial Design projects from ideas to manufacturing, in cross-competence project teams, representing Industrial Design including Product Identity, Usability and Brand values.
- You will have great opportunities for initiatives and creativity in multiple projects.
- You will take active part in the continuous development of the Industrial Design department including platform work, strategies, and ways of working.
- A sharp professional toolbox and well-oiled, methodical way of working.
- A strong and versatile sense of aesthetics, form and human factors.
- Creative leadership qualities and good organizational skills.
- A team player with professionalism, enthusiasm, confidence and self-motivation.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in 2D and 3D as well as good verbal and written presentation skills in English and Swedish.
Job location: The position will be based in Kista, Sweden.
Last day to apply: August 11, 2019, contact person: recruter Miroslaw.Cos@ericsson.com
Additional information to the candidates:
All applications will be checked after the advertisement expires due to the holiday season. We will only consider applications that include an industrial design portfolio.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 284527