Researcher, Device Technology Research
Researcher, Device Technology Research
Mobile Device Research
Technology leadership is essential for Ericsson’s success and the mobile device segment is one of the most aggressive technology drivers in the world with its extreme requirements on properties like energy efficiency, cost, and size.
Ericsson Research is therefore strengthening research activities in mobile device-related technologies. We are looking to recruit highly innovative and technically curious researchers and experts to develop cutting edge software and hardware solutions in the device segment.
We use the collective term devices for equipment connecting to our networks; e.g. smartphones, wearables, XR-glasses, implants, IoT sensors.
Ericsson Research (ER) is the central research organization within Ericsson. We are over 650 researchers in eight countries. Our mission is to provide Ericsson with system concepts, technology, and intellectual property, to secure long-term success and competitiveness of Ericsson.
World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson as well as with external partners, customers, universities, and research institutes.
The position is based at the Device Platform Research unit, Ericsson Research, Lund, Sweden. The unit focuses on device related research with the charter to create novel concepts and technologies, do proof-of-concept prototyping, be a strategic eco-system influencer, serve as a pool of expertise supporting strategy, business and standardization functions within Ericsson, and create strategically important intellectual property.
The work involves a great degree of freedom and expectations are high on the ability to build expertise knowledge and generate innovative output.
We are now extending the team with a technology researcher. You are expected to have in-depth competence as well as experience from several of the following technology areas:
- Computer architecture, including multicore systems, DSPs, GPUs, memory hierarchies
- Architectural optimizations aiming for improvement in performance, energy efficiency and cost
- System architecture for constrained devices such as smartphones
- System software and operating systems
Device implementation research in ER is organized as a cross-disciplinary program spanning multiple units and geographical locations. This means that the work involves collaboration with other units within ER. The work will also involve external collaborations with e.g. universities and partner companies.
Ericsson celebrates diversity and welcome applicants of all genders and nationalities.
A successful candidate will
- Work in an international and dynamic environment with strong opportunities for professional growth.
- Work in an area of great strategic importance for the Ericsson Group
- Be a regular author of Ericsson patents
- Make significant impact on Ericsson’s partner ecosystem, international industry bodies and software communities
- In-depth competence in one or several of the disciplines listed above
- Postgraduate degree or M.Sc. with significant experience from research and/or product development
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Highly developed communications skills
- Technical curiosity and willingness to try new things and methods
- Innovation track record, patent creation, and/or scientific publication of novel ideas
- Experience from mobile device industry
- Experience from working in cross-cultural and multi-site organizations
Location: Lund, Sweden
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. If you have any specific questions you are welcome to contact Monal Jain, Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Lund || IT
Req ID: 284432