Application dvlp & 3rd level support
Job Role: Digital Media System Engineer – Ericsson Broadcast & Media Services
The role is primarily focussed on project delivery and requires excellent time management and delivery commitment. The post holder will have expertise in building and configuring digital media technology systems in the areas of MAM, transcoding and live streaming services and will be highly IT literate to systems admin level on both Linux and Windows based platforms. The role encompasses an element of 3rd line support, particularly in the delivery phase, and there is a strong focus on documenting and handing solutions over to operational support.
The Engineer is responsible for ensuring the quality of solutions. Key responsibilities require the candidate to,
- Take ownership of project deliverables as appropriate and requested by the Solutions architecture and delivery capability.
- Work aside other team members to deliver projects.
- Ensure technical queries are resolved promptly in order to ensure project delivery remains on time and on budget and delivers fit for purpose solutions into operations consistent with technical strategy.
- Identify areas for improvement in existing solutions and contribute to new solution strategy.
- Plan, agree and implement changes (following change control processes).
- Keep abreast of supplier and market technology trends and developments.
- Focus on customer service and solution quality
- Provide training sessions and ensure documentation provided to operations and support teams on new solutions as necessary.
- Act as point of support escalation for operational support team
Our’s is one of the world’s leading media services companies. Working with broadcasters, content owners, platform operators and brands, the company blends technology and creative expertise to provide a range of services; from playout, multi-platform media management and distribution through to access services, metadata, content discovery, companion applications and brand consultancy.
The DMT engineer will have relevant experience of major software development projects with the following skills, knowledge and/or experience:
- Substantial experience of project delivery and Support (including at least some demonstrable 3rd line experience) in a fast moving 24/7 environment.
- Substantial experience of building and supporting business applications on both Windows and Linux server platforms.
- Knowledge and experience of troubleshooting one of the following Linux distributions: SuSe, Red Hat Enterprise, Centos.
- Basic experience of Windows/Linux scripting and script debugging
- Understanding of IP networking and common protocols such as FTP.
- Experience of managing 3rd party software vendors with regard to ensuring maximum support effectiveness.
- Experience with building, configuring and deploying video transcoders. Eg: Telestream Vantage, Rhozet Carbon Server, and Ateme Titan.
- Understanding and experience of building workflows and the methodologies of Digital Asset Management. Eg: Tedial, VizRT Ardome, Pharos Mediator.
- Knowledge of broadcast video formats, protocols, and encoding standards.
- Knowledge & experience of Storage and SAN technologies. In particular, any experience with StorNext or similar Shared Disk File System, and Fibre Channel desirable.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Chennai || IT
Req ID: 284429