East Region Director-Operational Excellence, MANA Networks Build & Operate
Location(s): Altanta, GA or Basking Ridge, NJ
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Ericsson MANA Networks is in an exciting period of growth and transformation.
5G is happening, now. With the first commercial launches underway, we are preparing and equipping mobile service providers to go live. Our network technology allows mobile service providers to smoothly evolve their networks and minimize the time to market once they choose to switch on 5G.
With that, we are now looking to add a Director of Project Operations with exceptional operations, business and leadership experience. The role is an opportunity to step into an intense, high-paced environment to support one of the industries’ most successful leadership teams, across multiple leadership disciplines. The Director of Project Operations will serve as the primary expediter of high-profile and/or escalated projects by resolving complex issues and identifying opportunities for higher efficiency and an optimal customer experience.
The Director of Project Operations is a high-profile position including regular interaction with the executive management, customer units and stakeholders throughout the Networks organization. Are you in?
As a pivotal leader in our organization, you will:
- Help to ensure a safe and ethical work environment across a large geographically diverse field force through:
- Strict adherence to safety standards
- Absolute compliance with ethics policies
- Provide leadership and support to the regional leadership team
- Support pre-sales and deliver high priority regional projects that extend beyond business as usual requiring customized attention. Evaluate operational readiness and SoW feasibility.
- Subject matter expert providing regional assistance for escalated deliveries
- Harvest key insights and prepare the Region Head and team for highly efficient executive customer interaction, by synthesizing key insights and preparing key messages, including presentations, as required.
- Create and operate a reporting system that allows for a timely flow of necessary data into the office of the Region Head from all relevant units and direct reports.
- Develops and oversees a process for capturing, cataloging, analyzing and disseminating key lessons to be learned from initiatives.
- Participates in key meetings, documenting decisions, tracking action items and following up with owners to secure progress against plan.
- Serves as a first alert system – an extra set of eyes and ears – keeping the Central Region LT aware of unanticipated problems to be addressed or opportunities to be considered.
- Facilitate issue resolution; assist Program Directors and team to create innovative solutions
- Establish strong relationships across the organization with key partners and constituents, specifically Customer Units, Engineering, Finance, Sourcing, EHS and the National Service Lines to meet the team’s goals and objectives.
- As a direct report to the Region Head, work closely with them to support the development and implementation of a strategic vision for the MANA Networks Operations organization and provide the leadership and subject matter expertise to assure the consistent execution of this vision. Assist Region Head with organizational evaluations and operationalize changes in structure or personnel as needed.
- Proven leadership track record:
- Proven track record of building strong working relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills and extensive experience on managing, documenting and communicating project changes to manage risk and the customer relationship.
- Ability to juggle different projects/priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure
- Experience in leading teams including direct & indirect reports, and employee & contractor resources.
- Strong ability to communicate and work throughout all levels of the organization effectively
- Proven ability to motivate and align large cross-functional, matrixed teams striving towards the same goal
- Solid understanding of network build outs and/or related functional area in a communication systems company.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Strategic Thinker - Superior analytical and problem-solving skills; solutions-oriented; able to balance short and long-term priorities.
- Results-oriented - Track record of consistently delivering superior business results; decisive and clear thinking.
- Change-driver - Open to new ideas, accepts challenges and leads with optimism; considers culture and understands how to implement culture change.
- Customer obsession - Fosters a high-energy, customer-centric, performance-driven team.
- Energizing leader - Engages and motivates colleagues; known for high performance attitude; culture ambassador.
- Superior communication and project management skills.
Minimum experience and education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or other science discipline
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Successful experience in network build outs and/or related functional area in a communication systems company.
- Extensive knowledge of process flow, well developed understanding of contracts, scheduling and finance/expense management.
You might also have:
- PMP Certification
- Master’s degree in Business Administration is desired
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and craft a more balanced future. With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
<span style="font-family:"Times New Roman",serif">Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Basking Ridge || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt