Big Data Engineer
Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for Big Data Engineers.
Responsible analyzing, preparing, implementing and verifying the installation, configuration and integration of Ericsson Expert Analytics (EEA) Big Data Solution, a real-time, multi-vendor, cross-domain, big data analytics solution tailored for telecom. Scope includes introducing, upgrading, expanding functionality, and integrating EEA with other customer systems.
- Support pre-sales activities, including pre-studies of customer requirements
- Plan the implementation/Installation of the Product Configuration / Integration work
- Configure Product to meet customer requirements
- Integrate EEA with other systems
- Prepare Internal & customer acceptance test plans and handover to customer
- Identify and drive improvements
- Perform Post-Project activities including system upgrades
- Provide feedback to product development and write trouble reports
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing
Apply if you have
- Good level of knowledge in Linux (RHEL) Administration
- Basic knowledge of scripting (Python and Bash Scripting)
- Basic knowledge in Hadoop ecosystem, HDFS (MapR), Zookeeper, Storm and Spark
- Basic knowledge in OLAP database (Green Plum or Drill) and RDBMS (Postgres)
- General Knowledge of Mobile Broadband (MBB)
- Basic IP Network knowledge
- Basic understanding of Big Data Analytics
- Basic understanding of virtualization
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Team work & collaboration skills
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 284371