As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
We are now looking for experienced Integration Engineers to analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system. Your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity. Your work will in part form our customer legacy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan product deployment and integration work
- Prepare, present and execute product configuration and acceptance testing
- Lead and execute product deployment, integration and expansion activities
- Develop and maintain high-level integration solutions and work within projects to resolve architecture and design issues
- Collaborate with solution architecture to agree and document the end to end integration solution
- Analyze new Software Impact Analysis against new functionalities and existing install base
- Act as an SME during pre and post sales activities
- Use specialist expertise to provide integration solution recommendations to guide design decision making
- Work with Internal and External 3PP, TAC, PDU and lead troubleshooting activities
- Track and review solutions through delivery phases to maintain effective governance and compliance while identify and drive improvements
- Lead products hand over to support and manage services, customer handover and knowledge sharing, L3 support during the handover phases
- Scripting and coding responsibilities
- Knowledge sharing, mentoring and collaboration
- Provide integration direction and guidance to the general solution architecture community
- Evaluate trade-offs with respect to solution components associated with the integration domain
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum bachelor's degree in engineering (IT, Telecom)
- Demonstrated knowledge in IaaS and proven experience in managing data centers infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of different hardware elements in cloud datacenters
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in one of cloud products (OpenStack or VMWare vSphere)
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in deployment, build and operation of Cloud/SDN network solutions (OpenFlow/ODL or Cisco ACI or VMware NSX)
- Strong network engineering experience in Enterprise and/or Telco space.
- Excellent understanding of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), Telco (MPLS, MP-BGP, L3VPN, EVPN), HA (VRRP, Anycast, LACP, MC-LAG), Overlay (VXLAN, GRE, GRENEVE) and OpenFlow/OVSDB network protocols.
- Kubernetes and/or Docker experience and/or certification
- Strong understanding of different software defined storage such as (Nexenta, vFlex) and have good understanding of different storage techniques
- Strong Linux/Unix skills. Previous experience working in large Linux/Unix environment.
- Professional certification in Private Cloud/SDN space and legacy network space (RHCE, VCP-NV, CCNP, JNCIP)
- Analytical learning and researching skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
You may also have:
- Python or Bash scripting experience
- MySQL and other database experience
- DevOps skills
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.