Security System Architect for Cloud
Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are now looking for a Security System Architect for Cloud Native SW Architectures.
About the unit
Product Development Unit Component Development (PDU CD) is a R&D Unit within Business Area Digital Services (BDGS).
PDU CD is a corner stone of the Ericsson platforms and components strategy and develops SW assets used by many Applications across Ericsson. It covers three main ecosystems: Component Based Architecture (CBA), Application Development Platform (ADP) and Licensing Management Solutions.
CBA is a portfolio of components that are the key enabler for the Cloud Transformation and Journey that our Applications across Ericsson are undertaking.
ADP is a portfolio of (micro-)services for cloud-native applications with a microservice based architecture.
Licensing is a portfolio of components, services and functions for supporting Ericsson Commercial SW Model, independently from the Application architecture.
We are looking for a SW Security Architect, based in Budapest (ETH), Hungary.
This position is within the Architecture section of Systems & Technology unit, within Product Development Unit “Component Development”.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
To strengthen our team of System Architects in PDU Component Development, we are looking for a motivated, innovative and result oriented System Architect, with proven experience on Security domain in the context of cloud deployments and specifically cloud native, container-based architectures.
Your Technology competence encompasses software product design throughout the complete lifecycle with focus on end-to-end requirement analysis, implementation architecture definition and technology scouting or prototyping.
You will report to the manager of the S&T Architecture team in the PDU CD and are expected to be a key player as driver of security-focused studies or as active team member contributing to the success of the PDU CD over the coming years.
What you will do:
- Share responsibility for long-term evolution of cloud native security architecture area, to ensure it meets product security (and privacy) requirements, fulfills common needs from Telecom Applications and Customers, complies to relevant standards in the domain and to support priority definition processes.
- Lead Security-related architecture studies, collaborating with other Architects and Scrum Teams, as well as prototyping activities together with development teams and technology specialists
- Have focus on early phases and driving innovations in security domain, to evolve generic components and services for cloud native applications (Telco and IT)
- Support with security competence and technical lead Scrum Teams during software development.
- Work together with Chief Architects and Strategic Product Management to ensure that SW implementations are based on a sustainable technical solution and remain consistent with technology roadmaps and strategies.
- Review major technical design decisions: framework and service level architectures, internal/external APIs and usage of 3PPs
- Create and maintain technical documents when needed, e.g. System Function-level Implementation Proposal, component-level architecture design proposal, etc.
Apply if you have:
- Master of Science or corresponding University studies and a minimum of 3 years relevant system management position
- You have worked with Technology and/or Systems Management at least 3-5 years
- You master competences in Access Control (AAA) and Identity Management, Secure Network Communication, Cryptography, Integrity and Key Management, Vulnerability Management and Hardening, SW Signing, knowledge of Isolation and Protection best practices for distributed SW Systems in multi-tenants, untrusted cloud environments.
- You are familiar with modern SW technologies, programming languages and architectures including Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, C++, Python, Java, microservices architectures, IaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Proven successful track record within R&D and knowledge of lean SW Dev. Processes
- Good business and market understanding and capable of seeing the big picture
- Accountability & Ownership
- Ability to work under stress and pressure
- Able to multi-task/handle parallel work
- Planning & Organizing Skills
- Open-minded and flexible
- Ability to work in a distributed and international organization
- Your attitude is characterized by "Customer first"
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills. You must be fluent in oral and written English and have excellent presentation skills.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 283929