NDO Solution Architect
Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
We are now looking for an End to end Network Design and Optimization (NDO) Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions, and proposals.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements, and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation, and information sharing; Develop others
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Drive and support innovations and automation initiatives
- Provide profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions, and proposals
NOTE: Please note that this role has global responsibility and a significant amount of travel to Ericsson and Customer sites for both long and short durations anywhere in the world, is anticipated.
- MS in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, ... or equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in Network Design and Optimization (NDO) and End to end (E2E).
- E2E and/OR RAN NDO background
- Experience in 5G, LTE plugins, VoLTE, App Experience and Optimization (AEO), E2E, ML&AI and/or IoT.
- Experience from technical job roles is required, e.g. experience from work technical and consultative senior roles
- A Solution Architect candidate is assessed according to the following tracks: Domain, E2E, Network Optimization/Network Design.
- Ericsson GIAP certified.
- Availability to travel worldwide
- Senior consultative approach toward the customer
- Very good knowledge of Ericsson equipment, radio network features, algorithms, and parameters
- Senior experience in daily KPI analysis and proposal of corrective actions Proven track of successful international engagements
- Senior experience in writing recommendations, providing analysis, carrying out special studies on radio interface and E2E
- Able to produce documented engineering methods / procedures and present workshops
- Very good understanding of radio interface standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus and high concern for quality is required
- Innovation and proactive attitude
- Team player but also demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, initiative and ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng