Wintel System Administrator UK
3rd Line Wintel System Administrator
Red Bee Media is a global media business, which has more than 2000 employees based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, US, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere, through an innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry, working with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others. We work with local market channels, pan-European channels, global channels and every combination in between and we understand the complexities of each.
The Infrastructure Operations Team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the global network, storage and compute platforms across all global sites, ensuring a world class service is delivered for our customers. Within this team, the Wintel squad is responsible for the ongoing operation, maintenance and life-cycle management of all Microsoft/Vmware based platforms.
The environment is diverse and complex with a mix of both current and legacy platforms and as such you will take ownership for a number of services within the Microsoft estate. You will ensure best practice is adhered to, promote team working, ensure good communication and prioritise workload to help drive up and maintain stability of all systems, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure Operations and will develop strong relationships with colleagues in the wider Infrastructure team and other technical support teams as well as providing direction for a team of 2nd line technical people in our Global Service Centre. You will draw on their knowledge and work with them to achieve your goals. You will be required to participate in an out-of-hour’s on-call support rota.
Experience & Knowledge
The post-holder must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
- Very strong knowledge of all aspects of an enterprise-level Microsoft environment (MCSE/P certification a distinct advantage) and you will be skilled in each of the technical areas.
- Strong infrastructure 3rd line support. Highly skilled at troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and ability to resolve issues in complex system/network infrastructures
- Expert knowledge and skilled in supporting Microsoft AD, GPO, Windows Server and core infrastructure components (PKI, NPS, file/print/DFS, data migrations, RDS)
- Significant experience with MS server products: SCCM, SQL clusters, SharePoint
- Significant demonstrable experience and skilled in PowerShell scripting
- Experience with supporting VMware environments and skilled at troubleshooting
- Ability to identify core server applications for migration and propose effective solutions
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
- Experience/knowledge of the project lifecycle
- Some experience supporting and administering Citrix environments
- Experience with AWS
- Good understanding of IP Networking and Linux operating systems
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change controlled environment
- Experience of Senior Management liaison and of presenting information of a complex technical nature to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies, ideally gained through involvement in complex high profile projects in the broadcast sector
- Ability to process and present complex statistical data in a clear and concise fashion for Senior Management consumption
The post holder should exhibit:
- A very high standard of written and spoken English
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- A strong commitment to structured and formalised approaches to documentation
- Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
- An understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- A commitment to knowledge sharing and cross skilling and a general appreciation of the need to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of “zero effort maintenance”
- An ability to take an evidence-based approach to problems and developments, gather data and demonstrate how proposed solutions will provide optimal outcomes
- Understanding and appreciation of a formalised service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || White City || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: ICT Engineer Job Stage 06