Technical Team Leader
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business and society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people and society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
Day to day functional management of the UK&IE Service & Repair virtual Customer Network Support (CNS) team consisting of 15 Engineers and a member of the CU UK&IE S&R Leadership team. This role is instrumental in the success of the vCNS concept, ensuring all customer tickets are assigned and progressed within SLA across all customer accounts.
- Refine and maintain the allocation/assignment system, ensuring the smooth running to the satisfaction of all stakeholders and the team members
- Escalation point and priority call decision maker when required due to conflicting requests for the given resources
- Annual Leave and other Out of Office planning/coordination to ensure workload is adequately covered when individuals are away
- Team working and engendering team spirit e.g. Domain team meetings, overall team meeting, clear team goals/all pulling in the same direction, take the feedback from the team and work with the various stakeholders on improvements/removal of obstacles
- Line Management of the Engineers & Solution Architects, supporting training needs and career progression
- Communication lead within the team and externally towards stakeholders
- Knowledge Management lead ensuring effective systems for communication within the team regarding known issues, Problem management bulletins, etc. are in place and working
- Close working with Service Line Domain Operation Managers and Service Line Support Operation Manager on resource demand planning and competence gaps/development
- Strategy development along with stakeholders and communication within the team regarding strategic initiatives, driving continuous service improvements
- KPI performance monitoring and proactive prediction to prevent SLA failures. Scope and drive actions to address any weaknesses/recurring failures.
- Demand Planning, working with the Service Line to secure required resource, monitoring utilisation and adjusting allocated resources accordingly
- CSR quality control
- Coping with Pressures & Setbacks
- Deciding & Initiating actions
- Managing People
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Persuading & Influencing
- Presenting & Communicating information
- Relating & Networking
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Education: BSC or equivalent through experience
- Deep understanding of Customer Support process, models, and strategy required, preferably in the Telecommunications industry
- ITIL qualification preferable
- Line management experience required
- Experience of managing remote and virtual teams preferable
- Experience of driving continual service improvements preferable
- Beneficial to have previously been a telecoms support engineer
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 283086