Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are now looking for a Data Scientist to develop and maintain backend components that deliver Telecom Insights on top of Ericsson Expert Analytics portfolio.
Ericsson Expert Analytics is a powerful new tool offered to telecom operators producing immediately actionable customer insights in real time. Backed by specialized metrics for predicting customer satisfaction, Ericsson Expert Analytics provides the kind of deep understanding of customer behavior that allows service providers to proactively improve experience, satisfaction, average revenue per user and Net Promoter Score.
We are expanding our Budapest Expert Analytics development and support organization. We work in small teams that use Agile methodology to keep up in a fast paced business environment, we closely cooperate with Ericsson Research, customer units and service delivery organization. Our product platform combines Big Data methodologies and solutions with our unique complex event processing to create a state of the art analytics and decision management system.
What you will do:
- As part of an agile development team develop Telecom Insights on top of Expert Analytics based on support from domain experts and team of data engineers.
- Improve and create Insights developed through Big Data Technologies
- Work closely together with the design team members and other teams in the organization
- Support communication on the topic within the organization between developers and domain experts
- Drive improvements by coming up with new ideas related to our products and processes
- Create supporting tools and best practices
- Mentor/coach junior design team members during day to day work
Apply if you have:
- 3 years’ experience with Java and/or Scala and/or Python
- Experience in Machine Learning technologies and libraries
- Experience in some scripting language (Groovy)
- Experience in model creation and prototyping
- Experience in software development methodologies
- Experience with Big Data technologies, stream processing (e.g., Spark, Kafka, SQL over Hadoop)
- Knowledge in statistics, analytics methodologies and related communication and presentation skills
- Strong mathematical background
- Experience with reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Ability and willingness to quickly adopt new technologies and/or business domains
- Industry experience in building and productizing end-to-end analytics or Machine Learning systems
- Experience in mobile telecommunications
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 283083