Radio Functional Systemization Engineer
Systems Engineer within Ericsson Radio
Do you like to be part of the key product development area for Ericsson?
Do you know how to take complex problems and break them down, so they become easy to understand?
Are you organized, self-motivated and able to turn ideas into concrete solutions?
Do you have experience from embedded systems development?
We are looking for a skilled System Engineer to contribute to Ericsson Radio technology growth, where 5G is part of the journey.
The Functional System team is part of the Product Development Unit (PDU) Radio, developing the whole radio product portfolio for Ericsson; covering 4G, 5G and the future. Radio is a key product area for Ericsson and the team covers all product development phases from early conceptual studies for new products or features, to feature and product development until customer delivery.
The Functional System team is responsible for defining the radio functionalities, both as a node in Ericsson Radio System (ERS) and internal to the radio, by systemizing functions for configuration, control and compensation as well as supervision, report and protection functions. Our scope spans from operation and maintenance and communication with the digital unit and the antenna system, as well as digging into the HW control system, HW near SW and compensation algorithms. In general, the job includes writing functional requirement specifications and functional descriptions, where one of the main stakeholders is Radio Software development.
In the team, we work in different technical areas to cover the total radio functionality. We work closely with HW design, SW design and different levels of test within the whole PDU Radio and towards other PDUs. Interest in conceptual work and systemization is a must, as well as the drive to actively interact with other parts of Ericsson to secure a complete and strong radio solution.
You have experience from systems development, e.g., are interested in understanding how it all fits together to ensure an overall good solution. You know how to take complex problems and explain/describe them so that more people can understand and break them down such that solving them becomes straightforward. You are organized and self-motivated and able to turn ideas into concrete solutions.
- Systemization of radio functions, both for existing products and new products
- Perform continuous analysis of requested new features and behaviors to identify impact on
existing and coming products
- Develop robust system design solutions
- Drive development to meet future technical challenges, product/functional evolution
- Write Functional Requirements
- Write Functional Descriptions
- Participate in technical studies
- Guide and lead others
- Education: M.Sc. or in electrical engineering, embedded software, applied physics or equivalent.
- Min years of experience: 5
- Min years of system experience: 1
- Domain experience: embedded systems and embedded software
- Product development knowledge
- Team work and collaboration skills
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and oral
- Fluent in English
- Working experience of C/C++ or similar programming languages
- Knowledge within digital signal processing
- Knowledge within radio frequency
- Knowledge in hardware design, preferably radio hardware
- Familiarity with system-on-chip design/ASIC design, including embedded microprocessors
- Experience from working with High Speed Serial Links and protocol JESD204B/C is positive
- Experience from working with Time Alignment is good, meaning systemization of compensation for the delays between the termination point in the RBS and the antenna.
Last date of application is 26th of August 2019.
If you have any questions please contact recruiter Sarah Lashari, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D